Fx Whore - Accecpt Me As One Of Your Own Please

Any feedback would be appreciated. Positive or Negative.
6 tracks of mayhem. 6 tracks of fun.
3 tracks produced in renoise.
3 tracks produced in fl studio 8.

Download Here

I’ve got 3 words for you: Mastering, mastering, mastering!!!

You’ve got some good shit here… but I think you might be (as your nickname suggests) going a bit too heavy on the effects. Particularly the EQs … you seem to be EQing everything with a V curve… which, though it might sound good on your headphones/computer speakers … sounds horrible on everyone else’s. Yes, it’s hardest for human beings to hear the lower and higher frequencies… but it’s also hard for us to hear the mids when you hide them behind excessive EQ abuse ;)

So, my suggestion to you is: Compare your music to other music you listen to (most likely the IDM persuasion from the sound of it?) … and try to notice specifically how the bass, mid, and treble of the mixes differ. Use a spectrograph if you have to. If you can find a studio to work in, or someone with some decent monitor speakers, all the better.

Another tip: people don’t always listen to music loudly. If it sounds good when played quietly, chances are it will sound even better when played loud. It’s almost more important to listen to your mix quietly to see where all the levels should be. When I drop the level on your mix, the loudest things I can hear are the hihats. This shouldn’t be the case… though it’s probably a result of your EQ use.

Yet Another tip: Chorus, Phaser, and Flanger will take away from the intensity of almost anything… reverb will muddy a mix up faster than you can say “oi” … and dblue glich is a VERY recognizable effect when used with default settings ;)

i appreciate the comment!

dblueglitch… yeah. default setting. i just love the way it sounded so much. can’t blame me too much.
the mastering was done by a good friend of mine. and he made it sound a million times better than i could have done by myself. i relayed the comment to him, so that maybe in the future we can use this to our advantage.

did you have a favorite song by any chance?

I like H R Fuck ‘N’ Stuff alot… though the synth line at 0:52 sounds way too reverby … would sound better if it were 100% dry, perhaps with some mild distortion or lofimat… but the glitchy percussion in this song kicks quite a bit of ass. I also noticed that there seems to be quite alot of compression on this track… which would be fine if you had more mids.

Liked it so I downloaded it. Will be played in my PSP on my way to work on monday.

awesome! im glad to hear it. when you give it a listen lemme know what your favorite song is.

I would say use a little less distortion…and try and put more variation in the loops both rhythmically and melodically, it sounds very block like in terms of arrangement.
“Ageless” - I would recommend using a bit more expression on the melody, its very mono dynamic,
It also it gets very busy quickly…the drop out is good, i love the rhythm, IMO it could do without the melody in that bit, just the bass and rhythm would sound good. at the moment the pluck just goes the whole way through and gets boring. Drop it out at points or change it…
You’ve got wicked rhythmic ideas.