Genesis Pro by Ummet Ozcan

yeah he made the synth using synth edit

Well, it sounds awesome though, to my ears. As a windows user, why not, as long as the DAWs provide bit-bridges? I remember though that Cubase already removed the bitbridge?

I still think 1€ is pretty good for it, but i’m not interested anymore. I don’t see much future for this synth and would rather spend time with stuff i already own.

As a Mac user, …

2 Likes

i thought renoise could load 32 bit havent managed it yet though

the latest version of renoise its only 64bit i dont know if it can still load 32bit bridged plugins
@bunja1979

thats gotta be why then
i only moved to renoise recently cheers bud

its a shame coz there are some
way better free vst that are 32 bit than 64
but i dont
understand bringing out a commercial
product in 32 bit when a lot of daws are not supporting it , this is why its only 1 euro if it was 64 bit im
sure it would be more .

how do you it will be free ? this guy should make a couple dollars at least

This guy is great he will even include a tutorial mode in this synth.

Not sure why anyone is too concerned about the synth being 32bit. We have a 32bit/64bit VST bridge already in Renoise. I’ll admit it sucks that it might not be usable with other DAWs, but why not complain about those DAWs not having 32bit compatibility? How is it that a silly 90’s tracker DAW is outdoing “industry standard” software? :huh:

As far as the 4GB limit, it doesn’t look like it’s going to be playing any kontakt libraries so I think it’ll be fine. Sounds pretty cool too, definitely worth at least a dollar.

1 Like

I think he will make a 64 bit version eventually but it depends on how well it goes

The 32-bit bridge for Renoise has serious graphic problems with Renoise version 3.2 + Windows 10, related to windows and derivatives of them (window frame, drop-down list).

While this is not resolved (and nobody has said it will be fixed), it is advisable to run away from any 32bit plugin to use it with Renoise.

All this is independent of the fact that it is advisable to support progress, that is, to support 64bit programming. This will concentrate more resources in a single path and more features in less time.

Renoise has been a drag on these latest versions because twice as many packages, a group of 64bit packages, and a 32-bit one are required. Fortunately, smart people bet on the future. Unfortunately, everything is going very slow. It is a headache for the programmer to keep the obsolete 32bit code.

Better to have a well done 64bit package than two packages half done. You already know that time is gold.

About Genesis, it is probably almost free because he is late. It doesn’t even have a scalable GUI. For PCs from years ago it will be fine to use it.

If this guy cared to launch a decent VST, if it took 8 years, why not wait a little longer and add a 64bit version, in addition to a scalable GUI?

The more I hear about Genesis Pro, there is something I can’t understand. Ummet probably wants to charge some of its 32bit software and then hire someone to program it for 64bit, at least. I’m sorry, but it doesn’t deserve the “Pro” tag being programmed in 32bit. If it were for 2005, okay, but now?

In the middle of 2020, it is not reasonable to launch a 32bit product, at least of this caliber, even if it is free. I will repeat it a thousand times until I get tired. The software must accompany the hardware capabilities. The software should never ballast the hardware, and should always be designed with a vision of the future, with a clear forecast.

I don’t think he can make a 64 bit version. Seems like his synth “preset” relies on 32 bit modules in synthedit, which are not available as 64 bit. That’s why I find this massive promotion a bit annoying, Synthedit 32bit is considered dead since a decade.

It seems to be more about Ummet Ozcan than about a synth to me. Which might be fine. But also looks a bit like a cheap trick.

If he moves a lot of money, can’t he really develop it for 64bit? Seriously?

Ok, it seems like a good marketing movement for him as a person. Everyone will know him as a DJ.

Hm, maybe, I don’t know Synthedit in detail. Maybe those modules come from other authors, so it is not in his hands.

I thought I read in a forum that on your YouTube channel stated that it was not impossible to code it in 64bit. That was an issue that I was studying.

I think it will wait a bit to see how people react after its release. And he will decide if waste his time on that. I am sure he will be very excited. This VST deserves a well-made version in 64bit. If he want, let the sale separately for 2 €. :grin:

1 Like

the guy has worked on it like forever, 8 years is a long time, he can now release something and obviously should do that. I will spend the ludicrous amount and purchase it regardless. Oh and regarding the PRO in the name I think from what I have heard it certainly qualifies, and whenever I see PRO on a product it makes me think about Macbook PRO where the CPU and lack of powerful GPU makes me laugh :joy:

Take it easy man :grinning:

where is the 32 bit bridge in renoise ? because i can not get any 32 bit to show up cheers