Gigging-thanks Renoise!

Just got home from a gig. Pretty blasted! Thanks to Renoise, sunvox, my mpc and traktor! Time for sleep now. G’night!

Nice, any recording available? :slight_smile:

If you like to listen to, here is my last recording (Renoise and Launchpads only).

https://soundcloud.com/cietechno/live-at-sceenfm-broque-radio-show-122014

Congrats 90n3! Hope it went well you.
Second the request for recordings and/or pics?

Nice! Congratulations…any advice for other renoisers? I’ve lined up my first ever gig over the summer

YouTube or it didn’t happen!!

Just kidding… good job! How did you use Renoise in your gig?

Nice! Congratulations…any advice for other renoisers? I’ve lined up my first ever gig over the summer

First show! Hope it goes well for you!

Can I ask what is your set up gear wise?

Wish I could say that I used Renoise at the gig. The show was all performed from my laptop keyboard mashing up all of my songs with Traktor using stems and remix sets.

I had struggled a lot in the past trying to figure out how to perform live electronic music. I learned that I can make the gig as hard or as easy as I wanted it to be. No matter how “live” I made my set, most of the audience wouldn’t know the difference. At least those few folks that knew my songs realized that I was doing something unique with my tracks.

Probably the closest thing I’ve come up with for a live set with software was with SunVox. I’ve not actually performed this way but here’s the idea… The way you can loop and stack patterns in a somewhat freeform timeline means that it would be possible to place all the patterns for a whole set in one SunVox project and use the module controls and pattern selection to perform a unique live set every time. One cool thing is to put different sized empty patterns over the patterns with the note data when you loop the empty pattern, you hear all of the notes in the patterns under it. Lots of fun with small empty patterns!!! Of course, that would mean I would have to compose with looping patterns but that’s not so bad. If I had an iPad, I think I would do it for sure! I don’t think it would be much fun on a laptop.

Here’s a shot from the gig… (hint: I’m the shadow behind the glowing apple)

Analog_Soundtrack_als_Beergarden_03_2016

^ Yeah, I an still trying to figure the best way out to incorporate into a live set.
Moody pic, the blue + green is nice and I am a fan of dimly lit shows, though I do like to see the artist/s :wink:
I trust you enjoyed yourself though?

Can I ask what is your set up gear wise?

I’m not sure if this is a question to me or the guy who posted earlier…? I’ll be using a laptop from 2007, a Mini Launchkey and some outboard FX.

Thinking about making a dual joystick maxmsp patch to control FX…and look like a complete idiot

^^ Was to you and definitely go the joystick!

I have been toying with the idea of hacking a guitar hero guitar to use as a midi controller to complete the idiot look :wink: