glide speed and LPB and newbie questions

Hi!

I’m an old tracker head, new user of redux.

There seems to be a big difference in glide speed between GEF and the direct GFF, but I guess I can reach the glide speed I want by doubling LPB and phrase length

My questions are:

Is there a (effect) command for setting the LPB? Would be cool to play with, especially cz it can be so fast.

Can I use two effect command columns (as in renoise i think)?

Just started using redux and I really love it. Awesome awesome

/dim

Is there a (effect) command for setting the LPB? Would be cool to play with, especially cz it can be so fast.

Not in Redux, no. Renoise has the ZLxx command, but it can’t be entered into phrases.
In other words, a phrase has the LPB that you’ve assigned to it and it can’t be changed during playback.

Can I use two effect command columns (as in renoise i think)?

Sure! You can have up to 8 effect columns for each phrase
adding-effect-columns.png?raw=1

And by enabling the FX button (lower toolbar in phrase editor) you also get a single, dedicated effect column for each note-column.

Where do I assign different phrases to different midi-keys? Or rather: How do I change phrase being played?

There are a number of different ways. Have you checked the quickstart PDF? It goes into great detail about this (skip to chapter 7)
http://files.renoise.com/manual/Redux%20Quickstart.pdf

But essentially, you have two different modes. One (program mode) allows you to play a phrase across the entire range of the keyboard.
The other mode, keymap, allows you to assign phrases to a specific note-range.

It’s all controlled by sending program changes to the plugin. 0 = no phrase, 1-126 is program and 127 is keymap.

Sato did a couple of great illustrations that are explaining it quite nicely:

Each mode also has a phrase triggering option, which can affect the starting offset or transpose of notes.

Just started using redux and I really love it. Awesome awesome

Great, that’s good to hear :slight_smile:

There seems to be a big difference in glide speed between GEF and the direct GFF

GFF will perform an instant transpose from one note to the other.

GFE (not GEF as you wrote) is the fastest possible glide speed.

If a single GFE is still not fast enough, then you can stack more of them together in multiple effect columns like so: GFE GFE … and so on.

Thanks a lot!

:slight_smile: