Global Producer Challenge 2021

Beatport, Loopcloud, Beatsource, LabelRadar and Plugin Boutique have joined together to createthe biggest producer challenge of 2021.

Covering a world of sound, producers can enter tracks that span across Techno, House, Drum and Bass, Mainstage/EDM, Hip Hop & Trap, and Reggaeton to be in with a chance of winning a record release and a prize pool worth over $100,000.

Every entrant can take advantage of free plugins, sounds, music courses and DJ services with the exclusive Global Producer Challenge Participants Pack.

Link to the competition is below.

2 Likes

Nice, might try the drum and bass one, its always a good exerciseā€¦

3 Likes

Excuse the pun but i am always a bit sceptical whenever there is the word ā€˜producerā€™ involved.

1 Like

I think producer is now mostly used for naming a composer into EDM genres? That seems ok for me.

The real challenge in music is to have the ears and brain to guess the technics of other producersā€¦and to bring the next thing from ourselves

This is what i mean :

a couple of years ago some hipsters decided that the term ā€œComposerā€ was no longer cool enough and substituted the term ā€œProducerā€ for it.
Even though those words are not interchangeable. A producer is something else.
And kids today think everyone is a ā€œProducerā€.
Before that everyone was a ā€œDJā€.

But hell, this should get its own thread to rant on.

3 Likes

I fully agree with you. It is like mixing and mastering termsā€¦

Is there a word to define a person who compose,mix an master?:roll_eyes:

An ā€œEngineer-composerā€?

Iā€™m a music creation hobbyist, so I would call myself a ā€œcreatorā€. :wink:

1 Like

Hi. Does anyone know if you HAVE TO register and download the Loopcloud pack in order to enter? I really want to simply enter the comp without signing up to stuff I donā€™t really want. Thanks.

looks like itā€¦ also it forces me to sign up for a trial and im not getting my confirmation emailā€¦ might skip this one.

Sorry. Unfortunately, I just resent the challenge invitation but will not participate. I cannot help you.

Hmmmm, thanks - I didnā€™t get a confirmation email either. The communication side of it seems poor. Looks to me like a big sell on the subscription services, which is a shame.

Contact loopmasters support if you really want to enter, itā€™s pretty helpful

Ok, I will. Thanks for the advice.