Global Sample Interpolation Option

Would love to see global options for the sample interpolation feature,its a real pain in the face to turn off the sample interpolation for every sample i use.I imagine this would be very easy to implement?Seems like a logical thing to do.Keep the individual options open,i just mean a default setting that you can choose from to effect globally.

1 Like

Plenty of space in Preferences/Audio tab for it too.

Per song setting, right next to the “default maximum polypony(sic!) per instrument” and “default maximum samples per note” fields.

Oh, and the song options dialog could be made larger to have all those default poly-ponies and resimpling options fit right in.

its a real pain in the face to turn off the sample interpolation for every sample i use

Just curious… What’s the reasoning behind disabling interpolation for every sample? Do you just enjoy the crappy sound? Is it oldschool nostalgia vibes? Something else?

No judgement from me anyway, I just find it interesting if you’re doing this 100% of the time.

In the meantime, here’s a quick Lua snippet to disable all sample interpolation in the song. Maybe you can turn it into a tool that handles things automatically for you, or simply turn it into a key-binding that you can smash after loading a bunch of samples.

for instrument_index, instrument in ipairs(renoise.song().instruments) do
  for sample_index, sample in ipairs(instrument.samples) do
    sample.interpolation_mode = renoise.Sample.INTERPOLATE_NONE
  end
end

Edit:

Here’s a simple tool that adds this “Disable Sample Interpolation” function to the Tools menu and also to Key Bindings > Global > Tools

6789 com.illformed.DisableSampleInterpolation.xrnx

1 Like

You can get some crazy punch from using the interpolation in creative ways especially on snares,you can really make them snap.Not the only thing i use it for but its definitely the main one.I usually use my amiga for other things if i want a gritty lo-fi sound.As for the lua thing unfortunately i have no idea what im looking at or how i use it.

i have no idea what im looking at or how i use it.

Fair enough. I’ve attached a tool to my previous post. Just drag the XRNX file onto Renoise to install it.

Wicked!Cheers bud