While the tooltip for the operator envelopes of Tracktion’s f.'em vst is displayed in Renoise, Renoise’s gui stops updating smoothly and its computer keyboard’s note input lags.
There is no apparent increase in consumption of hardware resources. The issue occurs immediately on moving the cursor to where the tooltip would be displayed, and ends immediately on removing it.
This occurs on 3.2.2 x64 on Windows 10.
Steps to reproduce:
- Launch Renoise.
- Set an instrument to use Tracktion’s f’em vst as a plugin.
- Enable Renoise’s oscilloscope.
- Notice that playing notes with the computer keyboard occurs without latency and the oscilloscope updates smoothly.
- Mouse over an f’em operator envelope so the tooltip appears.
- Notice that keyboard note input immediately lags and the oscilloscope no longer updates smoothly.
- Move the mouse away from the operator envelop so the tooltip disappears.
- Notice that the keyboard note input immediately stops lagging and the oscilloscope updates smoothly again.
The linked video demonstrates the issue with a pattern being played.