Guru: display_min/max_value as a string?

Hi there

First of all, thanks for Guru - it’s really awesome!

I’m currently working on a Synth definition for the Novation BassStation 1 (keyboard version) and I would really like to do the UI as close to the synth as possible. To do this, I need to be able to use strings/chars in the display_min/max_value.
Like, when mixing between OSC1 and OSC2.
Also having these two stringvalues put in each end of the slider would be really awesome :slight_smile:

Example:
OSC1
Mix Osc 1 [-------------X----------------------------] Osc 2

Can this be done or?

All the best
/Martin

I don’t understand very well what you want to do. Are you creating your own window tool?

To define a slider, you can define its min, max, and value properties. Research this in the API:

Renoise.ViewBuilder.API.lua

local vb = renoise.ViewBuilder() -- create a new ViewBuilder
--define the slider
local function slider_func()
  local sld = vb:slider {
     id = "idx_name",
     height = 19,
     width = 101,
     min = 0,
     max = 127,
     value = 64,
     notifier = function() end,
     tooltip = "the tooltip info, bla bla bla"
  }
  return sld
end

The min and max values can be variable (upgradeable from another function). The same for the minislider.

Is this what you were looking for?

Thanks for the effort, but no. That is not what I’m looking for.

I’m scripting within GURU, and I’m asking if it’s possible to do more advanced sliders than the basic ones.

But, thanks for replying :slight_smile:

If you are looking for something exclusive to the GURU tool, you should ask it in the tool thread. Maybe the original author or other users who have used GURU help you:

I don’t think GURUs being supported anymore, thats the reason I gave up on it.

Shame because it could have been a Renoise selling point. Zenith from Audaire does hardware automation in a smiliar way https://www.audiaire.com/

Cornbeast was the guy working on it.

Re-answering this issue … I guess Guru uses a “bridge code” to be able to create easy templates for controls to appear depending on the hardware device to be controlled.

But the basis is the same. It use the API to define the controls (the sliders in this case), and it is not possible to define it in another way. I suppose that through the external script (template) it will not be possible to modify anything. It would be necessary to modify the Guru code base in order to modify some properties of the slider bar.

As I said before, regardless of their size, the only advanced thing available for a sliding bar is to play with the minimum and maximum values, turning them into variables.

It is not possible to do anything else. There is not even a property to properly convert a sliding bar for panning.

Anyway, I don’t know what you mean by “more advanced.” The only useful thing is to play with the values of the MIDI input to change the behavior in the physical control. For example, instead of jump 1 value, jump 10 values in relative mapping. Things like that.

In this case, it is almost better to build a new tool on purpose for each hardware device. There would be much more control (more specific).

Ok, thanks for info - I’ll check out https://www.audiaire.com/