[H445] MC505 - KitMenus Samplepack w/ Competition

question is this a renoise only compo ?

This is not a Renoise only competition. Any DAW is perfectly fine (even hardware samplers like Octatrack etc). But the same rules still apply.

1 Like

making single cycle loop out of it will for sure alter sample since it will be new instrument/synth. And resampling is just printing current effects, which i can stack without resample and achieve same effect as with resampling? please explain. Thanks

I think I will be joining in on this little compo! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am in!!Already have something layed down.

2 Likes

No need to overthink things, its pretty simple. You can cut up the samples any way you want, you can add loop points etc, you just can not resample them. Main reason being, if you keep resampling you can get drastically different sounds from the original, plus I have no way to know if it was put through external VST to be resampled. The limitation is to see what you can do with the clean samples, this might spawn some cool creative ideas.

1 Like

So I just sent my entry in. It’s a great pack of beats! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice entry! Just archiving all the submissions until due date, Sept 1st they go to the judges.

Take your time, hurry up. The choice is yours, just don’t be late =)

Err okay…a quick possible example of what U4iC is looking for with Renoise and this sample pack. Best of luck to the people who enter :slight_smile:

mc505example.xrns (68.3 KB)

2 Likes

Awesome example, thank you for sharing!.. Can’t wait to hear an entry =)

Lots of time to go still, but great feedback and tracks so far.

I’ve hesitated to make some chiptunes cut too. But I wondered if it goes too far because sounds would definitely not be recognized that way. Otherwise I like!

Doesn’t really need to be recognizable, actually I am encouraging cutting things up / putting through an envelope to create new sounds. Just not by using vst effects, or resampling =).

Ok then, hehe let’s go! ^^

1 Like

I’ve just send my entry under Make a Wish nickname! :slight_smile:
That was fun, but not that’s easy for me!

To listen it that’s here: Colorful Steps [Crystalvortex competition entry]

Started quite dry, but add some native effects by the end…
Renoise file can be download on Google Drive here.

2 Likes

Thank you for the entry! Will download tonight and drop into my “pending listen” folder… I would like to listen for the winner with a fresh set of ears =)

Less than 2 weeks to get your submissions in! Has been a busy couple weeks, trying to get another release out, just waiting on artwork. Also most likely will have another remix competition coming for one of those released tracks.

Submissions Due: August 31, 2019
1 more day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a quick update - We have not forgot about the winners =)…

There is a lot planned for the label that have been in the works. Also, one of our judges happened to lose internet connectivity and working on restoring. Everything is still on track to announce for end of month.

News of new release coming soon =)

2 Likes

We have a winner: https://www.crystalvortex.ca/h445-mc505-kit-menus-competition-winner/

Will have another competition released tomorrow. =)

2 Likes

Congrats to the winner and thanks for the special shoutout.May I ask how many entries were there and where we can here all the songs?Thanks for giving us the opportunity.

2 Likes

How many entries?

• Not a thing a label would answer =). I was expecting quite a bit, promoted to ableton/renoise/many fb production groups/even elektron forums etc. Being a new label in the premium space, and non active for quite awhile was a setback. I am still inspired, and appreciate every entry.

Where to hear the songs?

• Currently working with the winner to finalize how we will be using the track that was submitted. Most were actually sent privately, posting on behalf of an artist to me is not good business practice.

Otherwise… New competition posted shortly…

1 Like