Half-Life 2

I haven’t seen the long video yet but I swear to God, when I first saw some footage of the game, I had tears in my eyes.
Doom III will be NOTHING compared to it.
And the engine is pretty scalabe, meaning I hope to still be able to run it on my Cro-Magnon PII 450.
It’s good to be a gamer these days.

[edit]
11 minutes before major downloadage. :P

If you was impressed nby the screenshots you will go crazy when you see the gameplay video :lol:

same thing here in norway…

More games to watch:

• Far Cry (a FPS on a tropical island)
  • Vampire The Masquerade 2 (RPG based on HL2 engine)
  • Call Of Duty (WW2 FPS from the creators of Medal Of Honour)
  • Breed (I think the gameplay resembles that of BF1942 except it takes place in the far future (the year 2600)).

All in all, it’s a very exciting time for gamers. There’s a lot of quality games coming out in the coming year.

Still good to see that Half Life 2 is still planned for 30 September.

Yeah, that’s what I meant, when I saw the videos (one of them has in-game footage).

I also downloaded the big video, but my pc can’t handle it and stutters.
I do have the 8 or so smaller ones.
The huge “Strider” alien reminded me of a movie made in the 50s, War Of The Worlds I think it was called. A terrifying thing it is!

And to say that I have HL1 on my pc and I haven’t even played it thoroughly …
:o

I’ve seen the video now…

Why must it be a fps? Why Oh why can’t it be Mafia 2 or some other game I like! :( They better make the CS mod soon… Oh what am I saying… I’ll probably play it anyway. I mean ofcourse I’ll play it!

The game graphic evolution has been taking baby steps for a long time now… Finally a leap! Weeee! And now everyone else needs to follow! Woohoo! Elder Scrolls is going to be beautiful! Yiihaaa! Mafia is going to be beautiful! Alright! Ultima Online is… yeah like that’s ever gonna happen.Colin McRae is going to be beautiful! Yippiieee!

All in all, yes this is indeed great for gamers. Yay!! :)