Hammerhead Rhythm Station

Do some of you still remember this little piece of software? :slight_smile:

It came out in 1998. It was a great little software to program groovy drumloops, which then could be exported to wav.

It is still available and can be downloaded for free here:

http://www.threechords.com/hammerhead/introduction.shtml

Note: you have to use the alternative download links. The main link doesnā€™t work anymore.

Thereā€™re also a lot of user banks available which extend the program with new drum sounds.

I still like it and use it to make some beats, export to wav and use them with Renoise.

This and D-lusionā€™s Drum Station were one of the first things I used :slight_smile:

I actually remember this and used it, it was pretty cool until ReBirth was out not too long after, AFAIR. Was thinking recently of that old software synth from around the same time, Orangator, that thing was a lot of fun back then too, sampled that a million times and still have the samples somewhere.

First piece of music software i ever used

Wow, that site is a flashback. A couple of softwares on there, DrumSynth and Bram Boā€™s. Tuareg, I still use sometimes . In Tuareg, the ā€˜channel mixerā€™ (automated dj fader type of thing) and the variator (autochop and rearrange) seemed very slick at the time. DrumSynth is still pretty good, as far as Iā€™m concernedā€¦ (uhm, if you use an old os.)

I used it back in the days for creating beats, which i used as samples in the first versions of ejay and Music maker when i had my first steps in ā€œmusic makingā€. :smiley:

The drums of this song were made with it, except for the extra snare in the second half which i ripped out of some other module, good times. :slight_smile:

I actually remember this and used it, it was pretty cool until ReBirth was out not too long after, AFAIR. Was thinking recently of that old software synth from around the same time, Orangator, that thing was a lot of fun back then too, sampled that a million times and still have the samples somewhere.

I remember Rebirth and Orangator. I couldnā€™t really figure out Rebirth though and Orangator it seemed like all I could make was weird noisesā€¦ So I pretty much stuck to Impulse Tracker at the time.

Aaah, I remember this. Was also using another one at the time that from memory was similar, I think it was called Beatbox?

90s flashback? Hammerhead was a cool toy to try to get friends into music making. When trackers were too complex for them. But it was just a toy I felt, trackers being much more powerful on the same weak pcs.

Do you also remember Analogic/AXS from those days? That got me into synthesis, and I sampled this baby a whole lot of for use in trackers. It felt so grand to have a synth at leisure to tweak and make sounds with, and not having to rip off other tracker artists or sample some music cd to get any sounds. You can still download a free windows port of it on the net for free, the original was ms-dos though.

I also remember Stomper. The first software based bassdrum synth i used.

Do you also remember Analogic/AXS from those days?

Ohh, I loved AXS. At that time, the marriage of a tracker + synth was like a dream come true.

I still have a bunch of AXS tunes somewhere on my HDD :slight_smile:

Dreamstation was another synth/tracker. I tried it out a couple years ago on a Pentium 2, was actually quite a nice sounding piece of software.

I also remember Stomper. The first software based bassdrum synth i used.

Yeah, that one was good. Was built into the asr-x I used to use, also, believe it or not. But it was much easier to use on windows and just sample into the asr-x.

AXS was awesome, too. That default grungy detuned PWM soundā€¦