Harder Drums (hardstyle)

to make those really dirty overdrived drums i would recommend a waveshaper.
cyanide (google…) is a good one.
at first opening drag the right point to the upper right corner, then take the middle point and drag it to the left-upper corner. to get more distorted sound left-click on an empty space and drag this point to the left-upper corner too.
just a recommend. there are much more strange things you can do with it. :)

keyword: Phat Pro

makes even a nedledrop sound like it got amped up and played on a 4x12inch speaker system!

KABOOM KABOOM!

mabe not, but it gives bottom, feel, and flow.

When using the Send channels in Renoise you can choose whether to send the original signal on through the DSP chain, and ultimately onto the Master channel, or to cut it off at that point, ultimately merging more than one track together for using effects on the whole lot (much like with real auxilleries, although a real desk has gain at the beggining and end of the chain.)

Like this you do process the whole sound, not just a split of the signal (unless you have chosen not to.)

There is a royalty free sample pack that can be download here…

http://physics.queensu.ca/~jdane/equinox_samples.zip

The technical term for what you are after appears to be “gated” of which you’ll find a number of “gated” kicks in this pack…

There is also 50 diffrent “gates” for kicks on the Vengeance Essential Clubsounds CD although it is a little pricey…

It can be found here…

http://vengeance-sound.de/eng/indexes/inde…xSampleCDs.html

You can also just cut off the gates of any kicks you find that have them and mix and match with other kicks…

I don’t quite know where your problem is making hardcore kickdrums but if this is too simple let me know.

The hardcore kickdrum is made by taking a normal 909 style kick and
distorting/overdriveing it. The more distortion the more sustain or “tail” the kick will have. You can get cool variations of this by connecting the kick to the following chain:

Kick - distortion - EQ - distortion.

Add more of each anywhere in the chain that you like but distorting the eq’d signal makes it sound different. In particular, add some midrange on the eq and experiement with the settings. I’d create wild hardcore kicks by long chains of dist and eq machines. If you want some “boom” to the kick run it through a reverb unit, but this works best on kicks with a fast decay (low distortion amount).

Here’s some of my hardcore tracks I produced on Buzz, are you looking for kicks like that?

http://www.buzzmusic.de/index.php?id=5&act…ils&songid=4007
http://www.buzzmusic.de/index.php?id=5&act…ils&songid=3476
http://www.buzzmusic.de/index.php?id=5&act…ils&songid=1983

I look forward to cranking out some obscene electonic distorted mayhem on Renoise.

Exactly that is it :)

If you send me a renoise signal-chain with how you do that… would be great :)

info at trancefish dot de

Well, I made all that stuff on buzz tracker but the method is the same. I played around with a 909 sample and the default renoise eqs and distortions and got a little demosong for you. Check your email. If anyone else is interested let me know.

Thank you for that distortion - eq trick for creating gabba kicks its is exactly what i have been trying to create.

Greenchild, I tried to send you the demosong but the email bounced back. Let me know where u want it sent and I’ll get it to you.

The only thing i have read about raising the dimension of your basses is by eq-ing them around the ~100Hz band (103 or 106 hz) (at least to get them warmer).

That one didn’t work either greenchild.

we need a propellerhead reason kind of “scream distortion unit” effect for renoise … youll be amazed of what you can squeeze out of that baby :w00t: the best for bassdrums imho

Get some decent drum samples,then add a little distortion to the kick,and any lofi fx will also be good,also try a little distortion on the snare,this will make your beats have more power,and of course use a decent compressor,*

Regards

hmm i love samples.
I try to found vst for create drums.
Now i use ravity® its really good for create drums, hihats, snares etc.

and what vst you have to use or you all use samples?

I mostly use Z3ta+ (Zeta) or NI Pro-53 for my leads.

A good distortion plug-in is OhmForce PredathOhm. Works nice on your kicks! Pretty much everything of OhmForce is good.

For my snares and hi-hats etc. I use samples. But I always put some FX on them in my tracks.

And I heard that if you wanna get good kicks/leads you have to layer them. But I just can’t find the right way to do this… :(

Maybe someone could help me out with this problem?
Thanks in advance!

ohh sorry i mean only drums not other samples.
For bass i try novation bass station
drums -> Ravity® + distortion and other FX
thynth -> Vanguard, Z3ta, Pro53, iblit, superwave and other)

My recommendation:

Do a search for Buzzroom and download their free ‘GranComp’ and GeneComp pack along with their free brickwall limiter and make ample usage of them.

Or maybe Tsledge would suit you more. All are great for getting sounds that will shatter your nuts. :)

good work ! how you do hat varitations i the kikcs?

What you’re talking about is a kick that “ducks”. UNH-hhh-UNH-hhh kind of thing, right?

People often bring up compressors here. I think you can get away with a simple velocity change:

kick
— 10
— 60
— 10
kick
— 10
— 60
— 10

Or such. I often do this. You can also do this exact thing with a velocity envelope if you don’t want to have constant control of the ducking.

Another thing to remember is that there is nothing wrong with layering your kicks if you eq them to balance them out and make sure it’s still a punch and not a cough. Another technique is to duck one kick out and the other in with crossing envelopes.

i dont see what are u saying…
can u upload some example plz