[hardtechno - Schranz] Spdk- The Ringmodulator

Found both tracks on the Virb page quite nice to listen to, but i somehow miss a lot of these small variations and filtering work usually dropping in around 2 or 4 patterns. I know Schranz is monotone, but parts of the main beat were a bit too static.

I know, I really try to make it as repetitive as possible without losing the attention of the listener (if any :) ). I think it also is a big difference if you here a track at a party, or at home.

Furthermore there is some variation in the lowend, without the bass, on i.e. pc speakers, the track can be too monotonic even for my taste.

Thanks for listening, I will try to put more variation in a future track.

Oh, that stuff has quite a few listeners i’d say, me included, especially here in Europe. I listen to Schranz mixes even while coding or doing GFX work for websites.

I’ve listened on pretty good headphones with nice subs and noticed small variations, but still i think it’s not enough. For example listen to that little snippet linked below taken from a mix. There is constantly stuff happening after some bars, you can see it even on the waveform. Personally i think especially those little dropouts, filtering and what not add to the hectic nature of that style and keep the people moving. :)

http://www.beatslaughter.de/temp/schranz_example.ogg

Variation is ok, but when I’m at a a party I want to dance.

For example Pet Duo is playing live, you here 3 cool bassdrums, then you think that’s nice to jump on, but then another filter comes in, the bassdrum is gone and the jumping is over. I hate it when there constantly taking the bassdrum away, it’s like you’re listening to a break of 3 hours.

It’s really cool when you listen to the tracks at home because you here they put a lot of effort in it to constanty filter and break up the track, but at a party I just want to here a kick, as repetitive as possible.

Just my 2 cents.

Beatslaughter didn’t mean constant breakdowns, but rather smaller variations to soundscape to alter the sound enough to keep the listener engaged and the song pushing. Constant and plain kick gets boring, even in the dance hall.

Ok but what I hear these days on schranz parties is constant breakdown, first you have the record that’s full off breaks and then you have the dj who can’'t keep his finger off the onboard fx of his hip dj mixer.

But I know what you mean, next schranztrack I’ll keep your comments in mind for sure.

Thanks.