Has anyone used Splice.com?

Has anyone used, or is otherwise familiar with, Splice (https://splice.com/)??)

They describe themselves as “The cloud platform for music creation, collaboration, and sharing.”

Ive registered just for geting audiodamage Basic for free :slight_smile:

I did. Only with Logic though. Not Renoise. From that experience I think their versioning system has a ways to go. It auto-saved very often. That combined with previews having to be manually added, made it a bit hard to keep track of changes.I’d rather have the option to commit changes.

@jiku they used to have it where you post changes yourself… now it does the auto-save. However, at any point you can favorite the posted version and leave your notes on it.

I really like that, because it shows me how many versions I have / how many I’ve saved (which will be a lot - one per save), but when logging in to the user panel I can see just the versions that I’ve favorited.

They recently added stem support, so you can collaborate with someone who uses a different DAW than you. I haven’t tried it yet, but it sounds cool.

I am trying to convince @Neurogami to help me add Renoise support :slight_smile: though when I’ve asked the splice people about a short-term contract to do it they’ve responded with “You can volunteer, we pay pizza and beer.” That seems weird to me given their funding but maybe Renoise isn’t on their radar?

I am trying to convince @Neurogami to help me add Renoise support :slight_smile: though when I’ve asked the splice people about a short-term contract to do it they’ve responded with “You can volunteer, we pay pizza and beer.” That seems weird to me given their funding but maybe Renoise isn’t on their radar?

Yeah, I inquired about that and it would have to be a labor of love. Unfortunately it just doesn’t scratch any itches I have, so I can’t see spending free time on it.