Headphone users: When your earpads look like this

sennheiser_hd600_earpad_repalacment copy

…It’s time to replace them.

After waiting way too long I finally replaced the ear pads on my Sennheiser HD600. What a world of difference! Not only is it much more comfortable to wear, the sound quality also notably improved.

Years ago I had that same experience with my DT990 when I replaced those pad. Made so much difference. So if you’re ear pads are all gross and flattened out, replace them! It’s worth it.

3 Likes

Yeah, when the pads are soft the sound becomes muffled, the bass dull. You don’t really notice it coming because it happens so slow. Was considering this for a while now, your post finally got me to the store to get some new pads for my dt880 pro.

1 Like

Yeah Sennheiser pads are very strange. If the headphones can take leather pads, getting some lambskin pads mean they’re comfortable and last a very long time.

1 Like

Alternative pads can be good but bear in mind they can affect how your headphones sound. I changed the pads on my Fostex T50RP to a different brand. Forget which ones, but found that “mod” over at head-fi.org. Got a wildly different bass sound out of it. Which I thought was an improvement.

@OopsIFly Good!