Hello. My Name is F. Tate

Hey everyone. Around 2020 - 2021, i used to post tunes heavily on here when i went by the alias of Professional Amatuer. Most of them, pretty much all of them, not good. Few years past, went through some creative changes, gained some more influences, and even went through a name switch. Now, in the year 2023, going by my real name, I’ve decided that i want to get back into posting my work on here. This community has always shown me a great deal of respect and support, and i appreciate each and everyone of you here. Thanks for making my music journey a little more fun.

This was a track that i just made and released a couple minutes ago. One of the few tunes that i would consider special in my lineup. I hope to create more like it, and i don’t just mean sonically either.

Hope you enjoy, thank you for your attention.

4 Likes

Welcome back! Neat track. It does get very LOUD at 3:10 or so. That’s perhaps a bit too much dynamic range.

1 Like

Yes, I remember you, Mann…I mean Fletcher. You must have been very active on social media and online in general. You switched to a pro account, you’ve gained 650 followers on Soundcloud in a short time and furthermore you’ve launched a Bandcamp account. And if I’m right you also swiitched your music style and obviously you’re now producing Jungle primarily. I’m not surprised that you’ve improved your mixing skills, too. Even though your higher frequencies (especially of the drums) are still too dominant in comparison, but you’re getting there. It seems you’re planning to make your music more popular. Right? :wink:

Take your time when you’re about to release something. Imho the mixing of your previous tracks (which are listed on your current Soundcloud) is better than the mixing of your current song. There’s more balance. And @eretsua is right, the noise from 3:00 to 4:00 is way too loud, besides of that I miss some bass in the song in general. The kick at 2:36 delivers some bass, but overall it’s too soft (if you ask me), especially regarding the breakbeat loop.

1 Like