Help 3.1 not opening re: script

Hello and good day ,

I have 3.1 64bit but now it’s not opening as i’m getting this message.

Can you help me?

"

‘/Users/markacosta/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V3.1.0/Scripts/Tools/de.cie-online.LiveDive.xrnx/’ failed to load.

Please remove this tool or contact the author (Cie | cie@cie-online.de) for assistance…

main.lua: bad header in precompiled chunk"

I am guessing that you’re on Windows?

If you move/delete the LiveDive tool directory, I believe the issue should be resolved. On my computer, the tool directory is located at “C:\Users\ <My_Windows_User_Name> \AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.1.0\Scripts\Tools”. Move the “de.cie-online.LiveDive.xrnx” directory to a temporary location and restart Renoise. It should work now… (?)

Generally, devs say a tool shouldn’t be able to break Renoise (I only manage to do so very seldomly while tool developing). I can imagine there’s a slightly higher risk of it happening if the tool was auto-updated (i e not really meant for 3.1). Perhaps some extra risk involved since the tool is dealing with MIDI wild guess.

Im on a mac

It’s simple enough:

Tools menu > Tool Browser > Search > “Dive” > Disable/Uninstall (you decide)

You can also right-click any tool in the tool browser and choose “reveal location”

And also I downloaded 3.01 just so I can produce today but half wait to the download it saying server down. Im sad. Im ready to produce and I decided ill be using Renoise for a while.

Pls producers help me.

It just open due to that script

Ok ill try it tomorrow when I get back to the studio. Thanks for your suggestion and quick reply

It’s simple enough:
Tools menu > Tool Browser > Search > “Dive” > Disable/Uninstall (you decide)

You can also right-click any tool in the tool browser and choose “reveal location”

If Renoise is simply not opening at all due to this tool bug, then you’ll probably need to delete the tool manually.

Open Finder and press Command+Shift+G to open the ‘Go to Folder’ dialog.

Enter your Renoise preferences path into the space provided:

/Users/markacosta/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V3.1.0/

Navigate into the /Scripts/Tools/ folder and delete de.cie-online.LiveDive.xrnx

thank you for helping me out I found it based on your instructions but it still showing it

I uninstalled and reinstalling again… Wow, i’m so frustrated right now. I have’t done music in two days.

If Renoise is simply not opening at all due to this tool bug, then you’ll probably need to delete the tool manually.

Open Finder and press Command+Shift+G to open the ‘Go to Folder’ dialog.

Enter your Renoise preferences path into the space provided:

/Users/markacosta/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V3.1.0/

Navigate into the /Scripts/Tools/ folder and delete de.cie-online.LiveDive.xrnx

now I took those off Renoise does not want to open. Wow.

gosh, I hope this 3.1 get’s fixed for me. It’s that one script from CIE and it’s my Renoise is not working because of it… Even When I took it out thanks to DBLUE.

Now, I’m downloading the 3.01 version… Just so I can start my work.

Anyone else has this problem? I just downloaded this last week and it was fine… It opened up and now I’m ready to produce and …

everything is working … :yeah:

ThanksKieran Foster from Renoise support.

I had 2.8, 3.0, 3.01 and 3.0 . One of them had this bug I suppose and 3.1 was not opening because of it.

I uninstalled all of it and re installed 3.1.

Of course, i still can open up my previous songs.

Kieran Foster