Help! Conceptual Support in internal functioning Renoise 3.1

Instrument. FX Chains, Effects, Multi-Tracks and Routing…

Please, Help! …

Only for Renoise Advanced Users!

Long ago he was creating a basic framework on Renoise, with the goal of putting all in my head, to know what exactly I’m changing every momentinwhen composing.

Petition:

I would like thanif a user advanced ofRenoise saw any error of this scheme, specify in in this post, please.It is shownthe path through each sampleuntil theRender Song.I hope you understand.

It goes without saying that Renoise is much more complex than this.

The scheme

6047 renoise3.1-routing-instrument-fx-v01.jpg

Note:this scheme may contain errors!

Attached: this ZIP contains the scheme in XLSX (excel 2010 version), PDF and PNG formats,to view or modify…

NEW: Attached below version 02 03 04!

Will you find an errorin the order or something?Please advise! :slight_smile:

My objective is to have well done this scheme.

Thanks!

I think tracks and instruments would have more of a horizontal relationship vs. vertical relationship, visually, IMO.

I think tracks and instruments would have more of a horizontal relationship vs. vertical relationship, visually, IMO.

Thanks! Can you explain more?

I onlyuseoneinstrument (Instrument 00) to be simple.If I put two or more instruments, the whole scheme is doubled.I do not know for sure if the whole order is good or something is missing or surplus.

Already, I saw that theAutomation in Master and S0ismissing. I might add. The order of the routes is what matters most to me.

Multiple tracks can control 1 instrument. Multiple instruments can be controlled by 1 track. Multiple tracks can control multiple instruments. If there isn’t a direct, explicit numerical relationship, I think horizontal is better…like a virtual modular environment. But that’s just me. How you, personally, use it- vertically makes more sense…visually. Everyone visualizes things differently. I would assume most users use more than 1 instrument.

Half way off topic:

Also, certain devices may actually use a ghost device. Maybe the new post fader send option is actually just using a user unseen gain that is sync-controlled by the track level? I could be wrong. But would the visualizer show ghost devices or just potential routing lines? It would be two very different visuals. I guess visualizing from the perceived user experience is what’s important. I dunno if the devs would disclose how some things actually work. And that’s good:)

This is a super interesting idea. Laying out a structure to Renoise’s signal flow is something I’ve had in the back of my mind for a while. I’ll definitely be happy to.contribute, but also have no clue how to edit those files, so anything on my end will probably be a thrown together PDF, although I might look up XMLX. As has been said, the control structure is a little less linear than your scheme allows, although I’m sure it’s an accurate account of your personal use case. One main distinction for me is the use of multiple instruments, which I’m sure many users also utilize. For me, the biggest justification for loading multiple samples in an instrument is layering, either static or velocity oriented. And because tracks can control multiple instruments, this does in fact place tracks and instruments on a level in terms of a signal flowchart. The only time that I can conceive of a linear step in the signal control path is Renoise’s left to right mandate for control signals and audio signals. Anytime tracks are grouped or bussed (master included) is an n to 1 reduction in number of nodes in the network where the number of routing points is decreased by n-1. Sends where the source is kept is a 1 node increase, non-linear, sends where the source is muted is a linear process. I think this sort of a project is great because I would actually like to see Renoise go even more modular. Will stay tuned.

Multiple tracks can control 1 instrument. Multiple instruments can be controlled by 1 track. Multiple tracks can control multiple instruments…

Thanks!!! I will study this. :slight_smile:

I used as starting one instrument.You could create another scheme, using as a starting point a track(or two).I’ll think about it

I’ll definitely be happy to.contribute, but also have no clue how to edit those files, so anything on my end will probably be a thrown together PDF, although I might look up XMLX. …

How to change the PNG, it would be sufficient. Whichever is more comfortable.

There is an old version of this schemeof version3.0.1, in XMLX (with errors surely), the sheet 1.With that I saw radical change of Renoise under the hood. He has improved a lot!!!

I wanted a simple scheme. To make a full and simple scheme would doubleand 2-way arrows, for examplewith Microsoft Visio,but gave me lazy… :blush:If I have time, I will.

Maybe it would be more helpful, if this flowchart would reflect the common steps for composing, mixing and mastering a song, instead? Then later, there could be a list how to achieve this in renoise for each single step.

Maybe it would be more helpful, if this flowchart would reflect the common steps for composing, mixing and mastering a song, instead? Then later, there could be a list how to achieve this in renoise for each single step.

That would work great, no doubt.I starting a simple scheme to sort things out in my head. But this could grow much.Thisschemeshows almost every step easily.It could be completed.

Hm, yes you’re right, would be a huge chart. Isn’t there some html5/JavaScript driven interactive online flowchart provider that allows to work on chart as a team? I bet there is one…

Hm, yes you’re right, would be a huge chart. Isn’t there some html5/JavaScript driven interactive online flowchart provider that allows to work on chart as a team? I bet there is one…

Wow, that would be great!If anyone knows, comment…

Update!

I deleted the attachment of the first version.

Here is the new improved version of the scheme. Version 02 03 04

6142 renoise3.1-routing-instrument-fx-v04.png

Note: This scheme may contain errors also!

If anyone needs the original files in PDF or XLSX or PNG, ask me. I’m happy to share.

The diagram shows the possible routes that can make a sample until it is rendered the song. This new version (04) is more refined. It also summarizes the basic steps to compose with Renoise.

Please, if you find any errors or something missing, notify!

Thanks to all for help!

Clarifications

I want to clarify one thing…I used only one instrument on purpose.Put 2 or more instruments would enlarge and greatly complicate the entire network.We can use up to 255** instruments (00 - FE)**. Imagine!

I wanted a simple scheme. here use:

• 1 Instrument (2 groups of samples)
  • 2 FX Chains
  • 2 Tracks

…the most basic to start routing.

The idea is to sort all the items in my head. With the scheme, you can know where you are every time you modify something.Each route can go from top to bottom and vice versa…

I’ve been watching as routing from each track to each instrument. It can not. It can only be routed from the instrument, in FX Chain.The same track is implicit controlling each instrument.

In this scheme the phrases do not appear, nor VSTi instruments.

Of course,I can be wrong :slight_smile:

This is like opening the hood of a race car!!!

Someone would be able to create other personnel schemeand postinforum?I would like to see the approach you have in your minds!Make a schemeas this hard time, is complex. It could be addressed in other ways.