Help me with LibreArp vst

There are many inconsistencies regarding when notes play i must do some further testing.Sometimes it ignores chord changes i dont know what is happening

Update. My bad again it does not skip notes i was sending the midi to a monophonic vst.All seems well

Oh it should be adding the .lapreset extension by itself. This used to be a problem on Linux and it was a bug in the framework LibreArp is based on, but on my end that has been fixed by an update. Which OS are you on?

1 Like

I am on Solus Os 4.3 Gnome and it does not add .lapreset automatically but this is really not a problem for me

Hi, LibreArp 2.2 is out now and there is this one change regarding loops that I think you’ll like :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great !!! I will test it when I get home

I am having the time of my life with this sweet sweet tool!!!.Big thank you and i wonder what else do you have in mind for this.

2 Likes

Glad you like it!

If you’re interested, a rough to-do list is on the issue tracker. You can also join our Matrix chat room where we discuss what’s next for the plugin and I put some sneak peek videos there from time to time :slight_smile:

1 Like

New problem It does not show up in Mx linux in Renoise and Bitwig

If you’re using MX Linux 19, it’s probably because its GNU C Library (aka glibc) is older than what the plugin was built against. LibreArp’s official binaries are built on Ubuntu 20.04 (the current LTS), so it is built against the GNU C Library version 2.31. MX Linux 19.4 has GNU C Library version 2.28.

The simplest solution would probably be installing LibreArp with Homebrew, which builds your very own binaries from the source code using what is available on your system. You can also manually build LibreArp from source if you feel adventurous.

1 Like