Help with Amigo VST

Morning.

I’m brand new to Renoise but not trackers. Haven’t used a DAW in 10 years.

I bought Renoise yesterday, I’m version 3.4.3 x64 on Windows.

I also bought the Amigo VST.

Following the Amigo instructions you have to put it in… common files/VST3

I’ve done that but my “plugin” sections on Renoise are empty.

I downloaded a free VST3 called OB-Xd.

OB-Xd had an actual .exe installer file. I installed it and it located itself in the VST3 folder and appears in Renoise perfectly fine.

How do I get Amigo to appear in Renoise and be usable please? I’m stuck, I’ve done some troubleshooting but no luck.

I’ll include a photo…

Another photo…

Final photo…

if you toggle on/off again the enable vst3 plugins, does it appear?

Thank-you. Just tried this. It didn’t work.

You can do it with the plugin sidebar open.

When you untick the box the free plugin I have disappears.

Re-tick the box and free plugin reappears.

Still no Amigo on the list.

that’s weird, I have a similar set-up and it is found & loads fine. How does your folder structure look, of course the vst3 should be inside;

Do you have the plugin installed in "Program Files (x86) / common files / vst3 folder or the 64 bit program files folder, perhaps this matters?

In your pictures, I see the (windows explorer) path to your Amigo VST ends with “common files/vst3/” whereas in your Renoise config, you instruct it to look for the path ending in /vst2/
Have you tried to point Renoise to the /vst3/ path instead?

Alternatively, you can have both /vst2/ and /vst3 paths used – just use the “Additional VST2 paths / Add” button to add more paths. This new path, as well as the one defined with the Browse command, will also work for VST3’s, as long as they’re enabled via “Enable VST3 plugins”.

I’ve tried this. I shouldn’t matter with VST3s as they have to be in common files/vst3.

But have also tried the browse and setting the vst folder as the destination with no luck…

Do it just load in your plugin list or do you have to something different?

Folder path…

It’s currently not in program files x86, though I have tried that and it’s still not in the list.

Renoise automatically looks for vst3 in the common files location, you can’t set another location for vst3 in Renoise (yet). This is a standard location originally set by Steinberg to provide some kind of structure while installing.

The locations set in the preferences have to do with vst2 solely. If you put vst3 plugins in these locations, the vst3 plugins will not be found.

Does Amigo appear in your plugin list or do you have to load a noise then “send” the noise to Amigo somehow?

I’m guessing it’s (Amigo) just in your plugin list.

Not sure what I’m missing.

yep, after having extracted the zipfile into my common files vst3 folder and toggling enabling vst3’s in Renoise preferences on and off, it can be found in the plugin list.
(I’ve manually renamed the plugin in Renoise, so it will look different if you do manage to install it).

Have you tried the rescan for previously failed plugins option in the preferences?

Yeah, I’ve rescanned failed plugins.

I’ve just factory reset my machine and tried again. Same result.

It must be something simple.

running out of ideas here, a long shot but perhaps you’ve accidentally hidden the device?

Right click in the instrument selection list;

I’m just at work, I’ll try this as soon as I finish. Thank-you

I could try this too.

1 Like

This was the solution…

The C++ runtime packages.

It’s a new machine without many updates. It’s for music only.

I installed the C++ 64bit packages and problem solved.

Thank-you Djeroek, much appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.