Help With Multi-io Soundcards

Hi guys,

I just registered Renoise because, first and foremost it rocks, and though I can’t imagine why it took so long to get a software like this after Scream Tracker and Impulse Tracker, but I’m glad it’s finally here.

Now, I used to do this all the time with my SB Awe 64 gold and WAY back in the day with my Gravis UltraSound. I’ve never heard anything that sounds better than Wavetable synthesis, but this may not be applicable anymore. However, I am not willing to work with only two channels of output anymore. I would like to get a card that sounds at least as good as wavetable and has multiple output channels (at least 8).

I have been browsing information on multi-output soundcards so I can isolate some instruments during my studio mixing. Such as the M-Audio line, for example. I am looking at the M-Audio 410 right now. I would like some suggestions or if anyone knows of a better multiple-output card, please let me know. Also, I’m kind of assuming that these cards will work fine with Renoise. If not, I sure would like to know about it. Oh and, (OT) does anyone know if these cards work with Rebirth?

Any help is appreciated! Long live Renoise! :)

Well I just ordered the M-Audio 410, which has 8 outputs. Hopefully it’ll work fine. I’ll post my results since nobody seems to use it.

Is that the Firewire 410 or the PCI version?

I’d like to hear how it works with Renoise.
:blink:

I havn’t used exactly this card together with Renoise but I know that the M-Audio Delta Audiophile and the M-Audio Delta 1010 works great with Renoise. The Delta series from M-Audio is realy great so I think you will be satisfied with your new card ;)

It is the PCI version. I plan to take it into the studio and record with it, so I will definitely report back with all kinds of interesting information on how satisfied with its performance I am. :D

I will post again when I have more information. cheers.