Help with Redux and drum rhythms switching

Hi there

I am just getting my head around Redux at last. Wow it’s really powerful. Love all the glitchy stuff!

Sorry to ask this…but I can work out how to map phrases to keys/keymaps - no problem. Program changes to phrases. No problem.

If I wanted e.g. to set up some drum patterns - one for each phrase - and some different fills - on more phrases - is there a way I can get Redux to kind of pick different patterns randomly …I almost want to simulate some kind of drummer where it picks different variations then picks different fills at the end of each 16 bar section.

I can play on the midi keyboard and trigger phrases but it’s more exciting not knowing what main rhythm or fill the computer will play next.
I guess I have to use the maybe command and then somehow jump to another phrase or trigger a program change randomly…am I on the right path there?

Thanks for your advice.

Apologies I’ve just realised I’ve posted this in the wrong section - if someone could move it into Redux questions for Beginners that would be most appreciated.

I guess I have to use the maybe command and then somehow jump to another phrase or trigger a program change randomly…am I on the right path there?

Redux allows granular control of individual notes with themaYbe command, but not entire phrases.

For such higher-level control, you’d have to step outside the plugin, and instead look at what possibilities your DAW offers. For example, chaining clips in Ableton, etc.

If you’re running Redux within Renoise, then this would be a question of triggering the phrases themselves with the maYbe command -

I’ve done an example of this, recreating Mozarts Würfenspiel: http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/files/file/151-w%C3%BCrfelspiel/

That said, here is an amazing example of what can be done within the box:http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/files/file/149-sick-steen-lines/

Thank you Danoise. That Mozart piece is very clever…I will study how it works.

It sounds quite Wendy Carlos!