Hibernation Asio Crash/Bluescreen with M-Audio 1814

Don’t know if there’s anything you can do here, but here goes…
When turning on the PC after hibernation, I will often get the blue screen if Renoise is open (was left open in the old windows session). The problem has something to do with the ASIO driver. I have a M-Audio 1814 soundcard. The blue screen specifically mentions the sound driver mafw.sys.

The relevant blue screen data:
First:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Then the usual screed.

And last:
*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00002B9C, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xA690BEE7)
*** mafw.sys - Address A690BEE7 base at A6900000, DateStamp 47cc6c4f

Sometimes it happens instantly, sometimes it happens when I try to reinitialize the ASIO driver.

Doesn’t happen with other music apps (like Cubase, Audition) which also use the M-Audio 1814 sound driver.
I’m using the latest driver for XP SP3.

Cubase may release the ASIO driver on background or hibernation. Blue screens are always bugs in drivers, so please report this to M-Audio or avoid that your computer hibernates while the ASIO driver is still active…

Hibernation mode is a tricky mode in general… it also is a source of evil for laptops as well as sleep mode: you have to start the machine up in the exact same state as you shut it down, including all PCMCIA cards and USB devices that were plugged in at the moment.

Actually, this is really a bad design from Microsoft, not checking the state of devices and request the user to recover this as well before fully opening up the system.

Thanks for your replies. Will report this to M-Audio.