Highlight Every Xx Blocks + Offset?

Can anyone explain to me how this works (it’s purpose and what not)? Thx!

This is hardly visible in ModuLRs themes, guess that was the problem.
Let me try to make the highlight a bit more extreme then…

aha! much thanks! :)

OK update…

I have been using this feature a hell of a lot (techno musician!), and it is excellent…

However…

You have implemented the offset feature which is really cool (thanks!)…

But is there a chance you could implement a way to further offsets start in the middle of the track…

I am working on a track at the moment which is techno, and sticks fairly close to 4 block loops, but I wanted to included a single pattern in the middle of the song as a suprise break.

I have done this, but it means that any further patterns are offset themselves…

ie…

x
x
x
x
o
o
o
o
x
x
x
x
o
o
o
o
SUPRISE PATTERN
x
x
x
o <—this one is still part of the x block
o
o
o
x <—this one is still part of the o block
x
x
x
o <— this one is still part of the x block
o
o
o

etc.

Any way to fix this would be VERY helpful for me!

Without integrating this into the pattern sequencer itself (not using a single offset and range setting in the preferences), I see no way to make this happen. Was maybe a bad idea to add the current way at all…

Yeah, in retrospect, I think it was a bad idea. Too restrictive.

A better way would be to have a right-click colour palette which we can colour code things how we like.

Cubase allows this for each track, so I dont see that it would be a totally crazy idea.

Actually it would be really really helpful.

Your current situation of highlighting blocks in sets is flawed unless you are making REALLY basic music.

I make Techno, which most people think is the most regular music, and even I have problems with this system.

I would suggest taking it out and introducing individual colour coding for the patterns…

The only other solution to the current system would be to implement a wild card system, which means you can add a single pattern colour variant, and the highlighting system shifts around this.

This all seems like WAY too much hassle though (and beginners would get REALLY confused)

Simple colour coding palette by the user (like in Cubase, Excel, Word, etc etc etc) would be much better

Sure the current way is limited.
But if it won’t come in conflict with an eventual more complex feature or sth I’d leave it, since I think it can still be useful.
It has the advantage of being simple and automatic, contrary to the ‘manual painting’. But the latter wouldn’t be a bad feature either… been suggested before I think…