Hit By A Train By PanosK

The train is coming but nobody pays attention

The train is coming but nobody pays attention

Special thanks to Tall_TeQ for mastering

5 Likes

Incredible! This truly has the timber of an oncoming trainā€¦
The introduction totally nails the air horn, and you can
hear the ringing in the rails as it approaches.

The synth arps and strings blend nicely together.
Itā€™s almost like I could ā€˜seeā€™ this song before my eyes;
not to mention, couldnā€™t resist a chuckle at the outro :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for listening friend

This is a great piece of music - do you have a cut/copy/paste video of train stop/start passengers getting on/off the train to along with it? Also, the end part mentioned aboveā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for checking out.A video with a train coming towards the viewer is what I have in mind at full speed and explodes at the end .

1 Like

fun track! I like the melodic/harmonic shifts throughout. I feel like the drums should maybe hit a little harderā€¦ did you sidechain compress the kick/snare against the main synths? could help them cut through the mix, pump the synths a little, and give the whole arrangement a little more oomph. Iā€™d also throw in a reversed crash cymbal or some other swell/rise to introduce the drumsā€¦ like the sudden rush of an oncoming train :smiley:
definitely looking forward to the video!

1 Like

Thanks for listening. Basically the mix isnā€™t finished but i may revisit it again who knows.About the video i really am not a video maker i just have an idea but i may try making one if i have the time because life is all about learning new things and constantly moving forward

1 Like

truth!

1 Like

nearly all on the sides and no lowendā€¦

but excellent composition

1 Like

Yep I suck at mixing

switch the bass line channel to ā€œMonoā€

or use this on master channel:
https://www.gvst.co.uk/Get/PlugG4/GStereoWin32.zip?dlcode=WJX9E0

1 Like

Will do thanks

If you want to make a mono mix, which I would highly recommend, you just need to put the Renoise Stereo Expander on the master channel and adjust it to mono. No external tools needed. A mix of a song isnā€™t good if itā€™s not sounding good in mono. If you want to get your low ends to mono, but only the low ends in a specific frequency range, not all the lows, you just need to put a monoizer like this one on your master channel and adjust as you wish, and itā€™s for free. Check it out.

Your song is good. If there werenā€™t train samples I would have a different title in mind which fits to the sound, and it woul be called ā€œHyperspeed Tripā€ or something like that. It sounds very space like, really good. After round about a minute a kind of trumpet sound appears, from this point on there are some dysharmonics, but I guess you wanted to have it this way. And of course the end is great, the ā€œAhā€ sound and the sound when the person gets flattened. With extra delay for emphasis. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks man for the tips and for listening

Free VSTs:

AudioTeknik Equilibre - EQ
Analog Obsession N492ME - EQ

Analog Obsession Lovend - Lowends
GVST Gstereo - Stereo image

DeLaMancha Clipstar - Clipper
TDR Kotelnikov - Mastering Compressor
Kjaerhus Audio Classic Master Limiter

Smartelectronix: s(M)exoscope - Realtime Waveform visualizer

1 Like

Pretty! One suggestion: right before the impact, you could switch into half time to replicate that slow motion feeling people experience before a crash. I think itā€™d work really nicely with those repeating arpeggios if they suddenly slowed way down for a bar or two. Great stuff!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips and listening.

I know most of these plugins and have many others but at this time I am after how to make my tracks complete. Mixing is not really my thing but further down the line I might get at it.Thanks again

Quick free basic tool for mixing

1 Like