How Do I Glitch/Breakcore?

Choose your favourite baguette:

(I personally choose the hammond baguette)

Then:

The Hammond is my go to bread produce.

there are people who say that? damn. well, i should’ve known of course. there is never a shortage of people who say stupid things.

there are people who say that? damn. well, i should’ve known of course. there is never a shortage of people who say stupid things.

I don’t fully disagree with the the advice not to use many DSPs, but it’s got to be said in the right context. My advice would rather be to use as many DSPs as you need, but then pre render most parts before sequencing. This will make it much easier to get the most control on the dynamics. This is because a lot of effects, distortion in particular, will “fill in” between the sounds (instead of just modulating the amplitude, it adds a lot of audio after the sound should have ended, kind of like a release on the effect) , thus reduce the dynamics and make it difficult to get a snappy sound.

When you deal with prerendered samples you have full control over this and can make things sound as snappy as you want. Also keeping the amount of tracks to a minimum makes things much easier.

I’m not saying you should use no DSP effects at all, just keep it down or automate them so they won’t mess up your dynamics too much. :slight_smile:

Breakcore can be fun, but how many times can one rape an amen break with sonic unicorn rainbow spooge?
Maybe I was doing it wrong. I did often make people violently ill. Also I think it can depend on location… Australia imo has it’s own twisted version. I did not however succumb to the temptation of exploiting alf stewart samples, nor recordings of junkies discussing their colorful lives in a public space. I did however clip almost every track and clear dancefloors, so i suppose that was some kind of result.
The breakcore title stuck with me, despite it only being a small part of my music. So in this regard, I think you can shoot for much higher. Not that their is anything wrong with doing it, I just eventually found it a little limiting.
Glitch is more interesting and open to more experimentation imo. The most fun can be had by pushing things so far they “glitch.” Or you could just as easily use many of the samples available online for free. The latter I think is not very challenging and is far more enjoyable to construct your own sounds.
Ultimately, despite attraction to certain genres, my advice would be to just experiment instead of trying to do a “core” etc. You will have more fun and I think it is more rewarding. Just my 2 cents.

here is a good tutorial
hes using FL studio… but you can use the plugins in renoise too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HF7WtPVLxk

or just get aarons cds and accept that he already made enough breakcore to listen in a lifetime ^^

LMFAO!

Hmm, there’s many way’s to skin a cat, and making breakcore is no different. Personally, I’d try running on 16lbp at 180bpm or above. Then, either find a break that fits and loops nicely, and start re-triggering - or, get a nice already chopped up break and start programming from the single hits. I try humming or drumming my fingers to work out rhythms I want. Most importantly, pick a mood or style of track to work to - even load that up and start trying to copy the elements you like. Main aim, is to make it as fun as possible whilst learning, and any cool examples you do - keep. Save them somewhere, then when you want to de-construct them later you can.

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/files/file/143-auto-amenbreak-system/

Not mine, but check out the above!

Welcome to be corrected if I am wrong but isn’t breakcore not limited to high bpm (though it does seem a standard), atleast originally?