How Do I Midi Learn Softsynth Ccs?

I’ve got Triangle II which is a free downloadable synth from rgc:audio, however the site doesnt have any user guide for it.

Does someone know which CC numbers the various knobs are on Triangle II?

Thanks

you don’t need to know them as Triangle support MIDI learning.

I don’t recall perfectly how to do MIDI learning with Triangle and I’m at work now, but you should try by rightclicking a knob and see if there is a “learn” or “MIDI Remote” menu item.

Before doing this, create a MIDICCdevice in renoise and select a MIDI CC#.
After that, turn on MIDI learning for the desired knob and move the slider.

This is a valid procedure for any learn-enabled softsynth.

look at Triangle II features page: it does support MIDI learning!

z3ta is a completely different software; well ok it is still a softsynth, but it is much more powerful (and complex to use): it has an envelope matrix which lets you control a lot of parameters by each other (f.e.: use an envelope generator to control and LFO which controls the pitch)

oops didnt log in that time.

It-Alien, I checked and there isnt a right clickable midi learn function. Maybe there’s some other method, but right click just gives you presets for the synth.

this is an excerpt from Triangle II manual:

[i]
T2 has one of the best MIDI implementations in a Virtual Instrument, due it was ‘stolen’ from his Big Bro. Pentagon I.
Every simple knob or light indicator in the Front Panel can be assigned to any MIDI continuous controller, in direct or reverse mode and with adjustable minimum and maximum values.

To assign a MIDI controller to a control, Shift-Left Click on the control. A menu will appear with following options:

MIDI LEARN Select this option to assign a MIDI continuous controller. After selecting MIDI Learn, the desired control message should be sent to T2. It will immediately start controlling the knob/light. Learned control will be shown in the menu on next Shift-RClick
MIDI FORGET De-assign all controllers to selected knob/light.
SET MIN Sets the minimum value this control will reach. T2 will scale incoming control messages from Min to Max value. Selected value will be shown in next Shift-Click on the control as a 0~1 value. Set Max option will not appear for light indicators.
SET MAX Sets the minimum value this control will reach. T2 will scale incoming control messages from Min to Max value. Selected value will be shown in next Shift-Click on the control as a 0~1 value. Set Max option will not appear for light indicators.
REVERSE Reverses the operation of this control.

It is possible to assign the same MIDI continuous controller to several knobs in the front panel (in fact, it would be possible to assign one controller to all knobs if desired). To get this, just Shift-Left Click on several controls and select MIDI Learn, and then send a MIDI CC to T2. All selected controls will be assigned to it.

Also, is possible to assign more than one MIDI CC to a simple T2 control by repeatedly selecting MIDI Learn and sending different MIDI CCs to it.
Both Aftertouch and Pitchbend can be used as MIDI Controllers. When pitchbend is assigned as controller, the assigned control will have a bipolar movement and the center will be calculated as the average between min and max assigned value.

NOTE: T2 will show only the first learned controller for every control when Shift-RClicking the control again.
MIDI Controls #120 (All sounds off), #123 (All note off), and #32 (Bank Change) have special functions, so they can’t be assigned.
MIDI Controls #1 (Modulation Wheel) and #64 (Sustain Switch) will be learned, but they will keep their assigned function.

Notice that in the case of Modulation Wheel assignment in the front panel (Pitch LFO, Filter LFO, Amp LFO, Filter), these are remembered for every program, while MIDI Learned controls are global (all programs).
While assigning a knob to a controller, be careful of starting your sequencer after selecting MIDI Learn. According to the sequencer settings, it could send several MIDI #CCs when starting to reset their status, and one of them could be learned instead of desired one.
[/i]

so, in the end, MIDI Learn is accessible through shift+leftclick

please rtfm :)

-_- hehehe, ahem yes its definetely RTFM for me. :unsure:

Thanks for taking the time to explain btw, It-Alien.

I allways use T2 with vsti automate device…