How Do I Rename Vsti Programs In Renoise?

Hi,

When making my own patches in different VSTi plugins i can’t find a way to name them in Renoise. Let’s say i make my own pad patch in Synth1, and want to name it “Polardark’s Swirly Pad”… how do i go about doing it? I can load and save fxp files just fine, but i can’t figure out how to actually give the patches names.

I know there are workarounds for this. In the past i’ve even used a HEX Editor for the task. However, there should be a way for renoise to do this, right? If so - how??

My apologies if this has been asked before. I tried searching the forums and didn’t find anything regarding this subject.

I’m not that much into this FXP stuff (I usually save presets as RNI files), but I believe program nanming operations should be done on the plugin side (and, in the Synth1 case, I have no idea about how this could be made)

I’m raising this topic up since I haven’t found any feasible answer either: The plug-ins I’m currently trying are Superwave P8 and Hahaha CS33. The manual of the latter says: “The CS33 has a patch memory for 128 patches, but no built-in patch management system for saving and loading patches, etc - for this, it depends on the functions of the VSTi host.” This makes me believe that patch naming should be a task for Renoise. Of course I can load and save banks and presets but I can’t rename any of the patches. :(

Would love to see a VSTi preset renaming implementation for 1.8.0 final. Even a small “rename” button next to the program selection bar should suffice.

[quote="#<0x0000562854c8c3f0>, post:3, topic:18177"]
I’m raising this topic up since I haven’t found any feasible answer either: The plug-ins I’m currently trying are Superwave P8 and Hahaha CS33. The manual of the latter says: “The CS33 has a patch memory for 128 patches, but no built-in patch management system for saving and loading patches, etc - for this, it depends on the functions of the VSTi host.” This makes me believe that patch naming should be a task for Renoise. Of course I can load and save banks and presets but I can’t rename any of the patches. :(

Would love to see a VSTi preset renaming implementation for 1.8.0 final. Even a small “rename” button next to the program selection bar should suffice.
[/quote]

The best option for you would be to save the XRNI and then edit the XML file inside the XRNI archive.

You can simply unzip it with winzip or similar that supports zip.</0x0000562854c8c3f0>