How do you guys come up with name's for songs and albums?

I’m trying to think of a name for my new album as well as some songs but I can’t quite get it down.

Any tips or ideas?

1 google: random words generator

2 selective attention: listen to your song or album all day as you walk outside (safely) or

shut the volume off on the t.v. when watching (pseudo random elements) and select something that grabs you.

EDIT…

3 you can also try the abstract to concrete method, for example Roget’s Thesaurus, categorizes the words in general,

which you can narrow down.

4 also, just by listening how a combination of words sounds, regardless of meaning like “cellar door”,

or how you can manipulate how the word/s looks, for example,

the story behind “Nine Inch Nails” = “NIN” (last “N” is backwards). Giving it a memorable efficient impression.

Read lots of books on weird subjects. Or not so weird, even. Mutate and appropriate phrases from them that are interesting to you.

Read lots of books on weird subjects. Or not so weird, even. Mutate and appropriate phrases from them that are interesting to you.

Oh, shoot. “Mutate and Appropriate”, that could be a song title! I can hear the vocoded voice now…

http://www.fakemusicgenerator.com/

It may not help you right away, but you could try what I do: Any time a good song name pops to mind, keep it in a list. I’ve got a huge list from the last 10 years with almost 150 entries. Then when I am working on a song, if one of the song titles gravitates towards me I’ll choose it. If not I can look at the list when I’m done and pick one.

It may not help you right away, but you could try what I do: Any time a good song name pops to mind, keep it in a list. I’ve got a huge list from the last 10 years with almost 150 entries. Then when I am working on a song, if one of the song titles gravitates towards me I’ll choose it. If not I can look at the list when I’m done and pick one.

This ^^

… or pick random words out of a book on different pages.

Album: “Glows in the d”

Tracks:

“Emerald”

“n-14”

“My sweet knife”

“S Vaih”

“Yo GZ”

“Ribi”

“e-12”

“Hands up for Reno”

“glitcth bich”

“e-00”