How Long Before The Bass Drops?

Im making a electro/dubstep track - it’s between 3 and 4 minutes long, and at the moment the Chorus or Main bass drops at about 1:42.

Is that too long, should i cut out a bit of the intro?

It starts with a fade in and then builds up until it goes to the more dubsteppish part.

Don’t follow any formula and just do what seems right to you!

most intros are 16/32/64 bars long depending on the style and tempo. but I agree with Kazakore…just do what sounds right to you.

As mentioned before: there is no recipe! :rolleyes:
It’s your track, do whatever you want. You want a 10 min. intro? So be it! :lol:
But if you want an opinion about how the drop fits or its timing etc., you may want to post your song here and wait for comments… =)

Thx guys, guess it’s up to me then ;)

I’ll put it up, when it’s done in some days, Look forward! :D

The bass always drops at 42.

Anything else is a travesty against life, the universe, and everything.

[details=“Click to view contents”] This guy goes on vacation to a tropical island. As soon as he gets off the plane, he hears drums. He thinks “Wow, this is cool.” He goes to the beach, he hears the drums, he eats lunch, he hears drums, he goes to a luau, he hears drums. He tries to go to sleep, yet he hears drums.

This goes on for several nights, and gets to the point where the guy can’t sleep at night because of the drums. Finally, he goes down to the front desk.

When he gets there, he asks the manager, “Hey! What’s with these drums. Don’t they ever stop? I can’t get any sleep.”

The manager says, “No! Drums must never stop. It’s very bad if drums stop.”

“Why?”

“When drums stop…bass solo begins.”
[/details]

I think you’ll find that the universe is pretty much everything ;)

“Shut up woman get on my horse!”

As everyone has said, go with what’s right. If you play it in a set later on you can always loop it in Ableton or some such clever thing.

Also, just to say that I think this part of the forum is more for bugs and help with Renoise it self rather than composition. I’d post stuff like this in the Beginners Questions or the Renoise Song Forum (I’ve recently started a ‘work in progress’ thread which aims to get other users to give feedback on each others tunes even if you’re just starting out etc.,)

Peas.