how to connect renoise to my asio outputs 3/4?

hi there.

i usually use renoise on linux so i’m used to the anywhere to anywhere audio and midi routing that jack brings to that platform, however, i’m currently trying to use renoise on a windows laptop and i’m having trouble getting renoise to see all my sound interface’s audio outs under asio.

i have the native asio driver for the sound device loaded (it’s an Audio Kontrol 1) and on other audio software i’m trying, using the asio driver, i can see both sets of outputs the device has (two pairs, 1/2 and 3/4) and i can connect the software outs to the second pair of interface outputs (3/4) without any problem.

in renoise however, if i choose asio, the audio device just shows up by name once, and if i choose that device it uses outputs 1/2 of the audio interface. i can’t find any way to use outputs 3/4 of the device under renoise using the asio driver.

if i choose DirectSound i see two listings for the device, one using outputs 1/2 and one using outputs 3/4, as i’d expect, but i want to use asio not DirectSound.

can anyone who maybe usually does their audio work under windows using asio drivers in renoise shed any light on this? can anyone make any suggestions as to how i try to get renoise to see that under asio the device has 2 sets of outputs, as other some of the other software im using can?

tia fo any suggestions,

a.

Are you using ASIO4All ?
You might need to open its controll panel (Icon in the system tray) and activate the 3/4 output pair.

When using ASIO, you’ll see an extra option in Renoise’s audio preferences: Limit to stereo in/out

This is commonly enabled, simply because many people only use the main stereo 1/2 output, and having the extra outputs enabled requires some additional processing overhead.

To use the extra 3/4 output, make sure this option is disabled.

Are you using ASIO4All ?
You might need to open its controll panel (Icon in the system tray) and activate the 3/4 output pair.

no, as i said in my question, i’m using the device’s own native asio driver.

When using ASIO, you’ll see an extra option in Renoise’s audio preferences: Limit to stereo in/out

This is commonly enabled, simply because many people only use the main stereo 1/2 output, and having the extra outputs enabled requires some additional processing overhead.

To use the extra 3/4 output, make sure this option is disabled.

i don’t have that option enabled. renoise is the only audio program i’m using which doesn’t give me the option to use outputs other than 1/2… which is very strange…

using the same interface and asio driver, reaper, energy-xt, and the synths aspect, absynth, and ultra-analog va1 and va2 all let me choose which outputs to use, but not renoise… :frowning: unhappy renoise user face

a.

once asio is selected in the preferences window, you should be able to select your desired outputs from either of these places:

jenoki, you are my hero. :slight_smile:

thanks man, forehead smack. in my defense in all those other audio apps i mentionned the outs were chosen in the audio settings, which was also where the outs were chosen in renoise under DirectSound…

now, how to mark this topic as “solved” in the title?

ehhh… one more question though, is there any way to make the selected master outputs be my default??

jenoki, you are my hero. :slight_smile:

no problem!

ehhh… one more question though, is there any way to make the selected master outputs be my default??

simply save it into your template song by going to File > Save As Template Song

steepling fingers mmmeexxccellent…