How to disable recording for notes coming from osc...

I’m looking to do some live coding with another dude. He would send osc messages over the net to renoise on my pc. I want to program drums and stuffs. One problem: if I engage edit mode to program some drums in, renoise records also these notes from the other laptop (even when not playing transport, not following the playhead, etc). Can I make it so that only the local edits get recorded?

I don’t think so. When Renoise receives MIDI or OSC notes for direct playback, and edit mode is enabled, they do get recorded.
This would include MIDI/OSC note messages generated internally, by scripting (otherwise you could just write a simple proxy that would receive external messages and echo them back internally).

An alternative solution would be to come up with a tool that could receive the messages and then write them directly into the song, with a position according to the timestamp of each message. More involved, obviously, but perhaps also more flexible?

Yeah if I had had the time I would’ve probably figured out a way to edit the pattern using the keyboard without edit mode…