how to normalize samples from a drummaschine without loose the dynamic

Hi,

i built today a drum kit with a lot of samples from my old roland r-70
It works but it sounds in comparison to Instruments from here very quit.
don’t won’t use the normalize function in renoise sample editor, because the samples of the drum kit have different dynamics’s (a snare drum is not so loud as a hi-hat)

any suggestions how to level up the volume of a drum kit ?

This tool does exactly that:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-0-dbatchprocess/42213

Buuuut - might be a bit tricky to set up, and is calling an external program (SoX) to do the heavy lifting.

Might be worth checking out SoX itself?

danoise! :slight_smile:

dox / dBatchProcess looks interesting

it can normalize (relative), nice - thnx!
but after survey a few drum-sets in a soundfont editor and reading renoise specs.

think It is better to take a big step backwards and start again with a light weight (with hope to collect a little experience)

8 mono samples
mapping http://www.xpresspads.com/wp-content/uploads/STANDARD-Finger-Drumming-Layout.pdf
renoises sample properties (volume panning transpose)
max normalize and my ears

its for drum kits more flexible as relative normalize
sry danoise, my question was a stupid idea … :smashed:

You can also record all the samples in one big recording, normalize that recording, and then cut the samples out.

You can also record all the samples in one big recording, normalize that recording, and then cut the samples out.

Yepp…please do a 0-127 levels for each velocity;

then sample that in one sample; slice, drumset.

it would be very accurate to have one sample,

per velocity - step for each drumsound.

Thank you in Advance,

or years in advance,

as in this case.

:walkman: :guitar: :yeah:

Carbonthief and El°HYM,

thanks for your tips !

You can also record all the samples in one big recording,

good idea

normalize that recording, and then cut the samples out.

i think thats not so good.
renoise have some gm-drum kits at the Instruments drums folder, example gmkit-nano
every sample have max normalize, the sample properties (F5 - F4 - left side) rules over the volume, and you can play dynamic inside this range (argh sry my english)

that is more flexible, for example, if you want to swap the samples later with your own

Yepp…please do a 0-127 levels for each velocity;

then sample that in one sample; slice, drumset.

it would be very accurate to have one sample,

per velocity - step for each drumsound.

Thank you in Advance,

or years in advance,

as in this case.

:walkman: :guitar: :yeah:

have seen somewhere a sliced 1 sample drum kit in renoise, very nice but not exactly what I’m looking for
midi is out and old romplers are limited, no comparison to microtonic, ez drummer or large sample library’s,
but i’m interested on the parameters and ratios, how organize and create the roland and yamaha godfathers here (coordinated with each other) drum sounds in a small rom

You could really just sample the whole thang in one sample;

then use the auto slice, make a steady bpm pattern and let #renoise cut it up perfectly for you.

then generate a drum kit & upload the instrument for your fellow renoisers. its a sampling rompler,

anyway, no need to sample each velocity, that was just my extra - terrestrial annunaki sense of humor.