How to render each track thru master into a separate file?

Hey crew!

I like to render my tunes into wav tracks after I’ve finished them. I often have a gainer, eq or some other plugins on the master track so I want my tracks to be bounced thru master. I’ve done it by soloing each track and rendered the song track by track to get each track’s signal thru master track. But is there an easier way to do this? I mean, can I somehow choose individual track signals to go thru master track while rendering all the tracks into separate files at once?

Can’t you just bus the ones you want to effect on the way out? Use that as your ‘master’ maybe?

Edit: Sorry, didn’t think your suggestion thru before commenting. That could actually be a good idea. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Edit2: Well, that didn’t work after all. I created a “master bus” i.e. a bus to route each track to a master track, but when I chose to render song to disk and to save each track into a separate file, I only got the “master bus” track out. Did I not still think it through properly or how should you do that to get each track through master individually?

1 Like

Use the pseudomaster bus technique like @Agentslimepunk said but also try rendering it using the “The Deliverer” Renoise tool

@blo0dcl0t Thanks for the tip! Don’t want to sound reluctant, but I would rather do without third party apps if possible. I’ve had quite a lot of problems with them lately and can’t really afford to lose any more time with the hassle as deadlines for the releases are looming around the corner. :slight_smile:

I don’t think that’s possible if you send several tracks to a bus, Afaik you’d get the bus as a stem, but not the single tracks (including the “mastering effects”) you’re looking for. As a workaround you could put all the devices of your master track into a doofer and apply this doofer to every single track, at the end of the effect chain of course. That’s probably the most convenient method I can think of. Of course I didn’t try myself… :alien:

1 Like