Howto Use Fadein Ixx

Hi

I can’t seem to get 0Ixx to do anything. I’m trying to fade a sample in (like with a slow attack), and I have something like this:

C-4 00 .. -IF0  
--- .. -IF0  
--- .. -IF0  
--- .. -IF0  
--- .. -IF0  

Works fine here. Bear in mind you’re going to pretty much full volume in a single line with IF0.

Ok. I found that it seems to work together with volume columns… If I place set the volume to 00 and then later and fadein command, it’t like a soft volume change. Is that what this command does? I was expecting to be able to do a long fade in with a single command, but it seems I was wrong…

Long fade in.

C-4 00 .. -I10  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  
--- .. -I00  

"0Ixx - Volume slide up with step xx (0I01 inserted 256 times will slide from 0 to full volume, 0I7F inserted twice will do the same). "

http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Pattern_Effect_Commands

Ok thanks for the replies, I should have thought about consulting the tutorial, I was in the in-renoise help + the cheat-sheet for 2.8 a kind soul made in the 2.8 forum…

Sorry…

No need to be sorry. Have to admit I was surprised to see it there as we’re still in the Beta. Thought those pages generally got updated at RC release, when the Demo becomes available.

I can definitely see why the name Fade In/Out would make you think it always went to silence. If it wasn’t for that description I would of thought from 00 to set velocity in xx lines (or to silence in xx lines) myself.

Achenar already started to update the manual pages, i guess no more visual changes will occur then.

Yeah, this is why I’ve avoided used the word ‘fade’ in the manual, it kind of implies that velocity is pre-set to zero/full by the commands before the sliding begins.