Hunz Album Xrns Files

Hi there,

it seems that the xrns files of the album of Hunz are hosted at renoise.com. Well, at least they should be, according to Hunz’s website. However the link is not working. Does anyone know where to get them?

Regards,
fladd

One of them is a demosong, but as to the others, I don’t know.

Thoughts That Move album? If so I have them but don’t really like hosting without confirmation from copyright owner? As his site states they should be online (guess it’s since the Renoise website was attacked and went down a fair while ago they got lost) it may be alright as he’s not on here much…

(re)uploaded them to: http://www.renoise.com/download/hunz/Hunz_-_Thoughts_That_Move.rar

Great, thanks a lot!

fladd

Hooray! Lots of goodness in these files folks… Get into 'em! ;)

Thank you taktik. Very much appreciated!

Wow, gold! Thanks a lot. I <3 long road.

@mmd: In all the master tracks (except one or two) there’s an EQ5 dsp as this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>  
<filterdeviceclipboard doc_version="0"><br>
 <deviceslot type="Eq5Device"><br>
	<isactive>true</isactive><br>
	<isselected>true</isselected><br>
	<selectedpresetname>Init</selectedpresetname><br>
	<selectedpresetismodified>true</selectedpresetismodified><br>
	<ismaximized>true</ismaximized><br>
	<inputmode>L+R</inputmode><br>
	<maxvisualizedgain>20</maxvisualizedgain><br>
	<gain0><br>
 	<value>1.0</value><br>
 	<visualization>Device only</visualization><br>
	</gain0><br>
	<gain1><br>
 	<value>-1</value><br>
	</gain1><br>
	<gain2><br>
 	<value>0.0</value><br>
	</gain2><br>
	<gain3><br>
 	<value>3</value><br>
	</gain3><br>
	<gain4><br>
 	<value>1.0</value><br>
	</gain4><br>
	<frequency0>100</frequency0><br>
	<frequency1>1000</frequency1><br>
	<frequency2>4000</frequency2><br>
	<frequency3>8000</frequency3><br>
	<frequency4>12000</frequency4><br>
	<bandwidth0>1.0</bandwidth0><br>
	<bandwidth1>4</bandwidth1><br>
	<bandwidth2>4</bandwidth2><br>
	<bandwidth3>4</bandwidth3><br>
	<bandwidth4>1.0</bandwidth4><br>
 </deviceslot><br>
</filterdeviceclipboard>  

Is this applicable to all the tracks because of the similarity of their mixes or is this a magic workflow or something?

What happened is that Hunz needed to do a basic mastering of the XRNS files so that they would be at least loud and clear enough for general playback compared to other Renoise demo songs. I think he did a fine job in the rushed circumstances. But, this isn’t the process used for the final album mastering, same what you hear in the mp3s on the web. What happened was this:

I did the mixes pretty much as quickly as Hunz was writing them. When I was done with each song they had absolutely nothing on the master channel - just a clean native mix. He would have taken renders of these clean mixes to Matt Grey who does professional mastering at his studio in Brisbane. Matt’s work on this album is really really impressive - it’s so clear and natural feeling. Matt’s result will sound, obviously, better than these XRNS files with the quick mastering DSP chain made up for release. You can only do so much with those native DSPs!

If people want to hear my side of the work on this album, just disable all the master channel DSPs and listen to the mix clean. Under pressure I’m still very happy with how they turned out, and I think it’s still some of my best work. Not to mention Hunz’s genius music in it’s “native” glory :)

WOW, Hunz! You’re a GREAT singer! :w00t:

combination of pop and demoscene music… :wacko:

It’s A Long Road should be a Renoise Demosong!

That is interesting! So the tracks for the album were actually mixed in Renoise as well. I somehow always thought that Renoise was just used for composing. Does that mean that the vocals were also recorded and processed in Renoise only? (I can barely believe that).
The sound of the album is indeed great.

fladd

@mmd: thanks for detailed answer, and your mix is brilliant.

Yep, all 100% Renoise. I think it was version 1.9 if memory serves correct. Hunz did it so damn quick too - building the vocals and lyrics as fast as the rest of the song construction was happening. A lot of the vocals were 1st and 2nd takes too. Some people thrive under a deadline ;)

Files are offline again.

Yes, I would like to have them too.

http://songs.renoise.com/files/songs/hunz/Hunz_-_Thoughts_That_Move.rar

Thanks ^_^

◔_◔ Offline again.

Seems like they’re over here now :)

http://songs.renoise.com/files/songs/hunz/Hunz_-_Thoughts_That_Move.rar