I need help sequencing Parva w/ demo version of Renoise

For those who don’t know what a Parva is, it is an 8 voice analog synthesizer that costs 999 USD and sounds modern. I am trying to sequence the Parva on the demo version of Renoise on Windows 10. I am connecting the Parva with the USB cable that came with it. I have the right MIDI channel, Parva is set as MIDI output, and the routing is to the external synth. However, I don’t hear anything coming out from the Parva when I play the Renoise track. Is there a command I have to set?

Just checked the web site. They say it’s class compliant USB, so it should registerjust fine.

Have you checked with the MIDI panel/console – can you see if are there any outgoing notes being triggered?

If you’re routing the sound from the Parva back into Renoise, have you checked if the synth itself is making sound?

(from your description, sounds like this is not the case, but just to be sure…)

“Have you checked with the MIDI panel/console – can you see if are there any outgoing notes being triggered?”

Not sure what you are talking about. Are you asking about global or instrument MIDI? How do I check for the trigger?

“If you’re routing the sound from the Parva back into Renoise, have you checked if the synth itself is making sound?”

It has output speakers on. I have played and programmed the Parva for over a month. I use a CME XKey 37 to play it (the keyboard uses the USB A host port of the Parva). I also tried the Parva with an iPad from USB B port to USB A, and it worked.

With MIDI panel, I meant this one:

3.1_midi.png

It should list any outgoing MIDI - tell you whether it’s a note-on/off, etc.

And it really should be sufficient to enter a few notes, and select the Parva from MIDI output device selector

I’ll check it out tomorrow!

It’s working now, and it sounds cool!

Excellent!