I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Hi mediums too “in front”

Amiga style👍‍‍

1 Like

How do you like this? Maybe the hard elements do not fit so much the melodramatic starting theme?

3 Likes

It kind of bothered me at the start where after the bass the other bass guitar comes in ,I thought those 2 strong elements should compliment each other not fight who is the strongest but when the pads come in it stopped bothering me so it must be a volume thing on the bass guitar try lowering the volume a bit

1 Like

Good morning from Germany!

Here another one, tried to keep the mix as resonant as possible, but staying in balance. It’s quite ok for my ears, but what do your ears tell you about it? (kudos to type-a for tom roll)

3 Likes

Ye, Good Morning!

I also managed to finish something again.

Stay sane !

1 Like

Very well balanced track I really have nothing bad to say about it.Everything seems to be in the right place

1 Like

PanosK [stoiximan] + Tall TeQ TEAM UP!

3 Likes

North, south, east or west?

My headphones are telling my ears that the second snare is louder than the first one and that I would increase the loudness of the first snare by adding dB in the higher frequency range around 8000-10000 Hz, because it also needs a little bit more “crisp”. Same procedure for the hihats in this case. And if I would mix it, I probably would increase the 1000 Hz range of the bass by around 2 dB. But it’s already good. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for checking. Living in Hamburg, where do you come from?

Indeed the bass needs better eqing, also some dyn eq for those unison caused bass spikes. Didn’t check on speakers at all, can’t hear that problem on my headphones. Which headphones do you use? I used Superlux HD681, which I really like, but do not seem to be too accurate when it comes to bass resonances. I really have a problem with headphones, I avoided it completely for years, because I tend to ruin my ears with way too high loudness while using it. I also bought a lot of other headphones, e.g. Beyerdynamics DT880 Pro (worst purchase ever, IMO totally overrated headphones). I would like to have the fluffyness and dynamics of the Superlux HD681, but obviously with a more linear frequency response, and maybe more transient detail. So what you are using? :smile:

1 Like

Frankfurt

What do you use as a dynamic EQ?

I also didn’t check on speakers in this case, I just listened for the finetuning because you wrote that you already did a proper mix. :slightly_smiling_face:

Audio Technica ATH-M50 X

Using mdynamicseq.

Hm, I should re-mix once again on speakers this time, I am afraid :smile:

So, do you would call it dynamical? What do you exactly like about it? This is once of the nice things about my cheap Superlux: You can really nail the dynamics with it. Not so much the transients and eqing though. The DT880 for example have some kind of limiter inside, so its impossible to nail dynamics with it.

The ATX-M50X looks not too linear in FR:

Here is Superlux HD 681, which actually seems to be one of the most linear ones, only not on highs:

Hence my mixes made on headphones are too dull.

I would say yes. What I like about it? Well, since I use these headphones I don’t need to change that much anymore compared to the headphones I used in the past when listening on speakers for the first time while mixing. Of course there still are differences (at this point I have to say that I don’t use monitors, instead I use Hi-Fi speakers, but I already told you that), but as you probably know you can’t do a proper mix with headphones only (even if there are opinions saying the opposite), speakers are stringently required. And the price of 128 € is quite cheap. These headphones were recommended to me by a professional musician I know, so I trusted his judgement and it wasn’t a disappointment.

1 Like

all sounds of real-world acoustic origin, processed & sequenced in renoise w/ all native dsp.

…sludge trance…

had the damndest time with the kick, lol. still doesn’t really punch

2 Likes

Drill’n bass, everything’s done with Renoise.

4 Likes

Edit damn that did not sound too good, weird speakers reacting to bass limiting. Well repost soon

2 Likes

I would make drums transients less “agressive” with compressors

Fast attack setting

Here another mix, no bass limiting:

Damn mobile link to SoundCloud, what a nonsense

All the rhythm parts are on the mid