I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

made with RENOISE, new track called “Nancy’s Salon”

The stems will be mixed in LOGIC…

Sounds like it is coming together pretty well; although can’t hear much of it over that mic.

Jungle track I made quickly for fun!

4 Likes

Funky! Dig what you did in your Stitched track with it. Definitely checking out the CrossBreaker. That seems like fun. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I had a lot of fun doing sound design for a little animation I made:

Sound processing mostly done in Renoise.

3 Likes

Since Renoise added VST3 support, I’ve been trying to learn how to use it more. I had a license for like a decade, but it was hard to make it work with my primary software, Reason, until this update, so I only made about 2 or 3 songs before version 3.3, and had to re-learn pretty much everything picking it back up.

Here’s a song I just finished:

Theme of the Girl Listening to This

(Soundcloud version)

So far my favorite thing about the tracker workflow is seeing all the harmony at once, and making the grid fit my song, rather than the other way around. I go a bit overboard on the key and time signature changes here, just cuz I can.

And another song (that I posted to its own thread a few weeks ago):

I Risk Life and Limb Daily to Bring You the Jams

(Soundcloud version)

Anyone else here who uses Renoise primarily as a sequencer for Reason sounds? I looked around the forums a bit and didn’t find much talk about it. I’d like to see how they’re going about it.

2 Likes

I´m late on here, sorry. This is my music, inspired by Carpenter Brut and Ghost in the Shell :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice tunes man l am glad you picked up Renoise again you are doing a great job really complicated stuff but very easy on the ear.

Very nice cyberpunk style

1 Like

Thanks for listening :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, another Synthwave freak. :slightly_smiling_face:
Your track is cool, I like the “atmosphere”. But I think from 2:35 to 3:05 it gets a bit wild. The lead doesn’t fit 100% to the rest, there are some crooked notes. It needs some detail work in terms of the different melodies running at the same time. Anyway, good work, thanks for sharing. I’ve heard some of your tracks, in my opinion “Coronavirus A1” ist your best one.

Besides the first collab with Garf this is my first Synthwave track of the year:

4 Likes

Sounds great… though I would have enjoyed a low-passed ‘calm down’ section of some sort in the middle :slight_smile: … did you get new speakers yet?

Thanks! The bass is low passed at 2:00, this is the “break”.
I wonder what @eretsua would say about this one. :laughing:

No, I haven’t received my studio monitors yet. I ordered them on thursday evening, they probably will be delivered on monday. By the way, I bought a pair of Genelec 8030 CP. I’m curious how it will change my mixing workflow if there will be any change and how my tracks sound on monitors.

1 Like

Make sure to calibrate them to your room, should make a big difference if the room isn’t optimal

Ohh yeah :smiley: well a tad bit more then, I’d probably had dropped the snare

Yeah, or maybe use another one. :sweat_smile:
I think without a snare or similar this section would sound incomplete. But yes, I thought about a calmer section, but it didn’t fit. So I made this out of it. Anyway, thanks for listening!

Will do, thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:
Maybe I can also do some stuff like it’s shown here, I just have to get a decibel meter:

1 Like

Hey! Thanks so much for listening and Thanks also for giving me your opinion.
You are right about everything! lol I’m still trying to learn how to mix dozens of layers of sound … And it’s hard for me! (It happens to me in all songs) Thank you very much for your advice, I’ll try to get into that more.

Dude… About your song: The sound is perfect! I am very envious of the ability that some of you have to compose such long songs without losing interest, or becoming repetitive (as it happens to me lol)

1 Like

Thanks mate! :slightly_smiling_face:
Yes, just like almost everybody I try to create a sound which is not getting boring. Of course the way you’re creating your sound depends on the style and the atmosphere you want to achieve. In my opinion repetition isn’t a bad thing as long as it fits to the sound and the atmosphere. I’ve listened to all of your tracks on Bandcamp and I don’t think that your tracks are repetitive. Your song “Project 2501” runs at 130 BPM in 3:29, my song “Cybernetics” walks at 80 BPM in 5:29. There are more things happening in one minute of a song running at 130 BPM than in one minute of a song running at 80 BPM, you need more patterns. No, your song is great, it’s just the last polishment regarding to the melodies what’s missing, just what I wrote, but that’s just my opinion. Another example is “Neon Sunset”, it’s really awesome! I promise that I’ll buy it if you drop the bass synth starting at 1:37, which is the “fly in the soup” to me. But I think, even if it’s not my cup of tea, that every fan and listener of Darksynth/Cyberpunk needs to know your Riding The Darkness. Really good! But as I wrote, my favorite track is Coronavirus A1. Good composition, good mix, good atmosphere. I think I’ll buy it while the next round of music shopping. I especially like the choir starting at 1:35. What’s that instrument? :+1:

1 Like

I’m surprised & flattered to be summoned. :metal:

Here is what I have to say:
There is a low-pass section at the 2minute mark? In the Cybernetics tune? I guess that is a bit too subtle for me to qualify at as such. :sweat_smile: Probably because the kick keeps going strong. I think that old adage, go big or go home applies. If you have a break down. Break it down completely. Don’t be subtle about it.

As always I dig your sound design and general mood of the track. And I like that there is more forward progression / less retreading previously heard material in this. And it will come as no surprise I find that a good thing. :smile:

If you permit me a little bit of feedback. I don’t like the delays at the end. Those last few bleeps weaken it. I think it will be much stronger if you just cut of those delayed sounds. Have it end powerfully on the note. Now it feels like an after drip.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Hopefully your new studio monitors will inspire you to make new music. And not start you chasing dragons down the rabbit hole of endless mix improvements.

Thank you very much :slight_smile: Your comments encourage me to continue composing and learning :slight_smile:
I need a little more time to be able to listen to your music well, I already follow you on Soundcloud, so I will listen to it calmly :smiley:
You can download my music for free in mp3 from Bandcamp. I make music as a “safety valve” to express how I feel. There is no commercial interest :slight_smile:
Oh! about the plugin … You’re going to laugh, it’s a free vst of choral vocals, it sounds horrible, but equalizing a bit and adding a lot of reverb it sounds better. It’s called Sonatina Choir. But I’m still looking for other alternatives, I think Choir from Labs can give better results.
Anyway, thanks again for your time!