I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Hey guys , I cannot remember Ive ever looked at the renoise forums so hello to everybody :rofl:
Im using Renoise for about 12 years now , my neighboor showed it to me back in the days and thats how I got the music making fever.
Ive not been very active making music for quite a while but Im now busy again since about 2 months.
I hope I will make some new tracks this year.
My soundcloud is Stream Noises music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud , I like to make a lot of different styles of music but I mainly like the music around 128 bpm house , 80 ish hiphop or 170 dnb stuff.

2 Likes

Thank you,appreciate it!

1 Like

Hello to you too and I am glad you are starting to share your music here with us.Nice music you have there ,some hard hitting stuff but also more down to earth like Synth Night,really liked that one,great mixes too

Hi all !
After a week working with Renoise, I finished what I can consider my first track (with renoise). I did a small break before doing some mixing tweaks, but forced myself to release something, because like a lot of people, I tend to overthink my tracks, and never actually consider finished. (Wanting to add something, tweak a parameter, you know…).
I also took a bit of time to create some small graphic assets (don’t like the logo for now, but it will work, don’t want to go anywhere with this project anyway, just release the tracks I produce for fun).

Anyway, back to the track, don’t really know what genre we can consider it, probably something in between electro/techno/breaks/…

I would love to hear your feedbacks on this guys !
(I recommend bandcamp for listening, which seems to have a better audio quality playback):

EDIT: this was produced using external samples I accumulated over the years, Surge VST and one or two free mixing effects (EQ, reverb, VUMeter, spectrum analyzer and transient shaper). I could get you the complete list if you want.

5 Likes

fucking dope, broh. I’m super impressed if you were able to put this together after only a week! great vibe, and very well executed :fire:

1 Like

Thanks! that means a lot !!
Actually your videos helped me get there faster I guess haha
Even though it’s my first Renoise track, I started producing music almost 15 years ago (with lots of breaks, so not really 15 years of experience, maybe something like 7-8 but it was a long time ago, last time I did something was maybe 3 years ago, if not more)
Let’s say I have a bit of knowledge about sound design, some various (mostly shitty) samples accumulated over the years, so that helped a lot :smiley:
a bit of music theory (used to play trumpet when I was 8), but unfortunately I almost lost everything over the year. Renoise kind of lighted the fire back, by easing out the stuffs I was struggling and trying to do on sequencers-type DAW. (I tend to speak a lot, more info in my introduction topic :joy: )

1 Like

cheers :beers: & welcome to the renoise good life. most fun daw in all the land

1 Like

finally made it :slight_smile:

https://www.discogs.com/release/25454548-Various-Cold-Planet

2 Likes

Oh man, that’s awesome!
Didn’t know I was into speedcore… is that ?

Maybe a bit to speedcore for me more and more we approach the end of the track, but it seems of very good quality good job and congrats for the vinyl !!

Yaaaaas brilliant stuff, really enjoyed this one man nice work :+1: :metal:

1 Like

Very unique :slight_smile: really liked listening to this, great flow and dynamics and movement, easy to just switch off and go with

1 Like

Thanks, @TNT ! For this last work i used reaper exclusively. I used renoise quite a bit in previous albums (for example Depressão a baixa altitude | João Reis) and i like it very much, but i tend to change processes/daw - whatever - occasionally. This time was reaper’s.
Reis is also a very common portuguese surname, so less of a mixture there :wink:

@eretsua and @stoiximan: thanks for listening ! you are both right! i will work to improve the mixing.

1 Like

Thnx for listining :wink:
Nice to see and hear what others do with renoise, somehow Renoise is quite a underdog…not a lot people know it while in my opinion its a very powerful and good daw.
Mostly I hear people use FL ,Ableton or studio 1 these days, I tryed them out all but I stay with renoise.

1 Like

Hello Jeffrey and welcome. So after 12 years you’ve found this forum. I think you won’t regret it, there are enough users who can help if you’ve got questions. This is also my 12th year of using Renoise, so we might have started at the same time. After posting some questions in 2011 I ignored the forum for 7 or 8 years. I don’t know why I came back, but I did. I’ve learned a couple of things, I was animated to deal more with production stuff and I improved the way I’m creating music (especially the quality of sound), and you will do the same for sure. Feel free to ask whenever there’s a question. And don’t forget to post your music here. You will multiply your wisdom, you might gain followers, you probably will find people you like to collaborate with and maybe you could even find sympathetic people you will meet in real life one day, just like in any worthy community. You never know, right? Have fun and create more music or else (sorry, insider). :wink:

So tell me, why do so many dutch people adore Gabber and Hardcore Techno? I checked your SC and of course you did a lot of that stuff, too. And yes, I’ve also noticed your Synthwave track. But I think what I like the most is the stuff you labeled “Electronic” like “Just epic”. And I have to say, it’s kinda funny that you’ve got a track called “Eine Biene” but the picture shows a wasp and not a bee.

Really? Ok then, I assume “Reis” is related to “Reyes” and therefore it means “king”, am I right?
In Germany “Reis” means “rice” and you pronounce it the same way. It’s a food, not a king.

Let’s just call it “Electronic”. If there’s no obvious style it’s always simply “Electronic”. It’s something in between Techno and Breakbeat, but without any Electro elements. Feel free to call it “Snarecut” if you want to, it’s your style. Your mix doesn’t suck, that’s a good start. And it’s obvious that you’re not a beginner. A beginner couldn’t do what you’ve done with this track. Especially in terms of the pad at 1:22 and 3:16, which is my favorite part of the track. I’m looking forward to hear more “drum work” from you even though I don’t know what to expect. More “Snarecut” stuff? Several styles? What style are you producing usually? Anyway, keep it up.

3 Likes

And I have to say, it’s kinda funny that you’ve got a track called “Eine Biene” but the picture shows a wasp and not a bee.

Thats actually funny you are the first one that notice the mistake hahaha I already know “eine biene” means → a bee, but you see a wasp on the picture.
I did notice it after I uploaded it.
But then I also said “aaaaah fck it , leave it like that” :joy:
And the question about the dutch loving gabber/hardcore …I dont know it never gets old to have some hard hitting music now and then.
But to be fair I listen to a really wide variety of music ,country (like hank williams 3 etc) , blues , hiphop (50cnt / nas etc), jazz , all styles of house (hard/minimal/deep/electro), dnb / dubstep a little, reggae (israel vibration , marley etc) , funk is also nice and last but not least psy trance , old 90s early rave and hardcore.
Im always looking for new music to discover , I just like music in general :smile:

1 Like

what’s that vocal synth/speech generator? heard it in many different songs but couldn’t find what it was

Aw man I suck at embedding players…! How do you embed the Bandcamp player in a reply? Pasting the embed code (HTML) in here just inserts a blank box.

Just the url, the preview is misleading…

1 Like

Thank you ffx :slight_smile: much respect, much appreciated.