I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Hi! I published some new work on bandcamp:

Hope someone enjoys it!
I wish you all a good year.

4 Likes

Love the groove in this one.Good old sunvox and v2.1 just around the corner

1 Like

Have a nice year my friend.Loved A fleumĆ”tica and A melancĆ³lica but found your mixes a bit muddy and dry but that is easily fixable what matters to me is the compositions and you did a great job there

2 Likes

I fell of the Jamuary bandwagon for a couple of days, daily life got in the way. But yesterday I got back into it again, though using Renoise rather than hardware. Mostly because I have a friend who is becoming interested in making music. So I wanted to show a fun way to create melodies and rhythms.

@jspreis Thatā€™s quite a trip! Getting really far out towards the end. Very trippy indeed. Donā€™t have time to check your other tracks right now but I will. I do agree with what stoiximan said about it sounding muddy and dry. And that you did a great job on the composition.

@lilith welcome back. I had major computer problems last year and they are the suck. Hope youā€™ve chased away all those gremlins. Itā€™s a lovely albeit very dark and sad sounding tune. I like it! Good stuff. Sounds very retro in a good way.

Thanks TNT! I will do that. If youā€™re interested I can give you the stems and you can mess with it yourself. No hard feelings if you donā€™t, of course.

6 Likes

Youā€™ve got a unique style for sure, and youā€™ve got some regular listeners, too. Are you using Renoise for this kind of stuff? If yes, fascinating! Your music is like your name. Itā€™s a mixture of several styles, just like your first name is portuguese and your last name is german.

Any song by @lilith has got a 90s style, because the 90s were awesome and he always loved 90s electronic music. Back in the days he just didnā€™t know yet, so he listened to guitar stuff. :wink:

Youā€™re artistically restricted if youā€™re using stems and would like to continue with the composition, but why not? While weā€™re at it, we could also turn this into a litlle side collaboration project. Of course I would turn this into a smashing Electro track. This is predetermined to be Electro.

1 Like

Exactly :rofl:

really dig this! good work

1 Like

Hey guys , I cannot remember Ive ever looked at the renoise forums so hello to everybody :rofl:
Im using Renoise for about 12 years now , my neighboor showed it to me back in the days and thats how I got the music making fever.
Ive not been very active making music for quite a while but Im now busy again since about 2 months.
I hope I will make some new tracks this year.
My soundcloud is Stream Noises music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud , I like to make a lot of different styles of music but I mainly like the music around 128 bpm house , 80 ish hiphop or 170 dnb stuff.

2 Likes

Thank you,appreciate it!

1 Like

Hello to you too and I am glad you are starting to share your music here with us.Nice music you have there ,some hard hitting stuff but also more down to earth like Synth Night,really liked that one,great mixes too

Hi all !
After a week working with Renoise, I finished what I can consider my first track (with renoise). I did a small break before doing some mixing tweaks, but forced myself to release something, because like a lot of people, I tend to overthink my tracks, and never actually consider finished. (Wanting to add something, tweak a parameter, you knowā€¦).
I also took a bit of time to create some small graphic assets (donā€™t like the logo for now, but it will work, donā€™t want to go anywhere with this project anyway, just release the tracks I produce for fun).

Anyway, back to the track, donā€™t really know what genre we can consider it, probably something in between electro/techno/breaks/ā€¦

I would love to hear your feedbacks on this guys !
(I recommend bandcamp for listening, which seems to have a better audio quality playback):

EDIT: this was produced using external samples I accumulated over the years, Surge VST and one or two free mixing effects (EQ, reverb, VUMeter, spectrum analyzer and transient shaper). I could get you the complete list if you want.

5 Likes

fucking dope, broh. Iā€™m super impressed if you were able to put this together after only a week! great vibe, and very well executed :fire:

1 Like

Thanks! that means a lot !!
Actually your videos helped me get there faster I guess haha
Even though itā€™s my first Renoise track, I started producing music almost 15 years ago (with lots of breaks, so not really 15 years of experience, maybe something like 7-8 but it was a long time ago, last time I did something was maybe 3 years ago, if not more)
Letā€™s say I have a bit of knowledge about sound design, some various (mostly shitty) samples accumulated over the years, so that helped a lot :smiley:
a bit of music theory (used to play trumpet when I was 8), but unfortunately I almost lost everything over the year. Renoise kind of lighted the fire back, by easing out the stuffs I was struggling and trying to do on sequencers-type DAW. (I tend to speak a lot, more info in my introduction topic :joy: )

1 Like

cheers :beers: & welcome to the renoise good life. most fun daw in all the land

1 Like

finally made it :slight_smile:

https://www.discogs.com/release/25454548-Various-Cold-Planet

2 Likes

Oh man, thatā€™s awesome!
Didnā€™t know I was into speedcoreā€¦ is that ?

Maybe a bit to speedcore for me more and more we approach the end of the track, but it seems of very good quality good job and congrats for the vinyl !!

Yaaaaas brilliant stuff, really enjoyed this one man nice work :+1: :metal:

1 Like

Very unique :slight_smile: really liked listening to this, great flow and dynamics and movement, easy to just switch off and go with

1 Like

Thanks, @TNT ! For this last work i used reaper exclusively. I used renoise quite a bit in previous albums (for example DepressĆ£o a baixa altitude | JoĆ£o Reis) and i like it very much, but i tend to change processes/daw - whatever - occasionally. This time was reaperā€™s.
Reis is also a very common portuguese surname, so less of a mixture there :wink:

@eretsua and @stoiximan: thanks for listening ! you are both right! i will work to improve the mixing.

1 Like