I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Its hard for me to mix stuff,lack of knowledge and i really dont like the mixing stage but i will force my self and see how it goes.

1 Like

Maybe make a stems pack and see if anyone wanna have a go at mixing it, I would certainly love a try at it…

2 Likes

Turha ja tuhlattu (made with Reaper)

That is what i will do eventually i think

That was boss :slight_smile: nice work man, nice wee catchy tune with a slightly sinister feel. Great vox and arrangement by the way :+1: really enjoyed listening to that.

1 Like

That’s what I think, too. So there’s no fresh appearance in the list of newest releases.

Maybe not yet, but it can become your thing if you deal with it. If you’re sticking to the very basics (mix in mono and highpass everything but kick and bass) it should be pretty “easy”. You know the mixing thread, don’t you? Or take a look at this (4:22):

This is not precise and very basic, but essentially the guy is right in what he’s doing. :wink:
Of course you can also let @Garf mix your song, he definitely can do it. All I’m saying is that you won’t learn anything if you don’t do it yourself. If it helps and you’re using Renoise again, you can send the main pattern of the song to me or to someone else so that the one can mix your song and send it back to you. This way you can have a look what’s going on and how it’s done, just like I mixed the main pattern of a song made by secondheat.

1 Like

Really enjoy listening to this man :+1: your production and mixing is top as always. It feels like there’s not too much happening in this tune at any one time but it still sounds full and each bit plays its part if that makes sense.

The percussion programming and the synth parts go together like strawberries and cream. Great stuff TNT, another impressive piece.

2 Likes

Yes, what you’re saying makes sense, ideed. Thanks, glad you like it! :slightly_smiling_face:
It’s always my goal to have a full sound, regardless of the amount of instruments. Balance is key (and parallel processing also helps to achieve that goal). But even if it seems that there’s not much happening at any time, there are always more instruments playing at the same time than most people would probably think, but it’s mostly “background stuff” (whether synths or percussions). For example this song right here has got 23 instrument tracks and 11 effect tracks. 13 tracks only for drums and percussions, which is quite normal when I produce Elektro.

djent, hardcore, a bit of breakcore and drum and bass

2 Likes

I picked up an Elektron Analog Heat MK1, and had myself a little Acid jam with the Behringer 303 clone. Nothing special, just a bit of fun.

Warning: This video contains flashing lights.

6 Likes

Oh yeah! that’s fun stuff!! I like how abrasive and energetic it is. Well done indeed. I like it a lot!!!

1 Like

Played around with circle of fifths until i found a progression to work with. Compo finished in less than 5 hours. Took about a day to mix it.

4 Likes

What a killer track!!!Great sound choices, great mix but too bad i am not in my 20s anymore so i can enjoy it at a higher volume

1 Like

Nice jam but i dont understand why people make this type of videos.Why not make a video that everyone can enjoy?I skipped many great tracks because of videos like this

1 Like

Made with SunVox:

5 Likes

Thanks for the listen stoiximan!

If you’re really asking…?

The old adage “if you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one” comes to mind. :wink:

At the risk of coming across as arrogant, I’m not making these types of videos for anyone other than for myself. And I like it when audio drives the images in an abstract way and flash by rapidly.

That said, there is a certain laziness to this particular video. Just something that I threw together quickly. I kinda like it but I know I could have made it more interesting if I’d put more effort into it. That does take considerably more time to complete, though.

Anyway, I have an idea for a video for an older track of mine that might be more to your liking. Coming soon™.

2 Likes

Nice track. That oumuamua sample gives me a strong old school vibe, especially with the delays at the end. From way back in the day when the use of film/tv samples was prevalent.

1 Like

Thank you, I just took it from here

1 Like

More than just a bit of fun. I love it. It sounds raw and unpolished. It’s perfect as it is!

1 Like

That’s a typical 90s Techno video. And that’s what was projected on walls in the chill out area on a lot of raves. Pretty common stuff. Your Acid jam is quite good. I just wonder whether you’re only doing jams all the time or also finish a song now and then. :wink:

Damn, you’ve got more plays within 4 hours than me within 3 days. What’s your “secret” besides the fact that you’ve got 3,5 times more followers on Soundcloud than me? Are you doing social media? Advertising or else? I don’t believe that you’re silently uploading just like me. :upside_down_face:

1 Like