I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Yeah, kinda has some old Depeche mode vibes. @stoiximan nice tune. Definitely take @TNT 's advice and rework the mix. Bring that snare forward, too! :v:

1 Like

2 Likes

Holy shit dude. Without disparaging the other music you’ve posted previously - this feels like a big step up in content, production and arrangement. Really like this, like a lot.

2 Likes

Thank you. I actually almost forgot to render and post this track as when i made it a couple of weeks ago it used too much cpu and i kinda gave it up and started a new project. Yesterday i found this xrns with a weird temporary name so i just had to check what it was and it was this track. :smiley:

Everything …but perhaps… too much?

Done with Reaper

1 Like

Here’s another one:

2 Likes

Minutes ago I just have uploaded a song that I’ve made 10 years ago:

It was one of those songs that didn’t satisfy me after finishing it 10 years ago, so I kept it all those years on my drive. A few weeks ago I browsed through my hundrets of xrns songs on my drive and I was thinking that it still has some potential with a few changes and additions. So that’s what I did and now it’s on Soundcloud. For those who can’t listen to “loud” music just like @lilith, this song has got exactly -11,5 LUFS and hence it should be one of my softer songs.

@stoiximan
I was thinking about your song and had the thought that you could also make a kind of competition in terms of remixing. Your song would sound cool in so many different styles. I cannot only imagine a Synthwave version, but also Elektro, Pop, Rock, Jungle, whatever. I assume you’ve finished the song in the meantime?

10 Likes

@TheBellows Solancaceae is a nice little tune. Has something rather cute about it. I like the sounds in Slipping through, especially towards the of the track.

@TNT Sweet! It may be softer than your usual stuff, but it does pack a nice punch. There are some really neat sections in that tune.

I like the idea of the stoiximan tune remix contest.

@stoiximan Indeed! How is it going with your song?

1 Like

Thanks! Luckily it seems no one has noticed that the zap (or laser) that runs in parallel to the hihats (and can be heard primarily on the left speaker) should have been slightly lowpassed. As always I’ve noticed it after uploading, because it sounds slightly different on Soundcloud. And sometimes this is good for identifying small “issues”…At this point a question comes to mind. What if you’re uploading as a private song first so you could also check the mix after Soundcloud treatment, and afterwards switch from private to public? Does Soundcloud treat the song like a fresh upload when switching from private to public, or is this a silent switch without any effects?

1 Like

I think it’s a “silent switch” ie the song is the same, whether public or private

Great idea.Now i am trying to mix the track but still not very satisfied and as you know i am not cut out for mixing tasks its not my thing.Great track as always

Its hard for me to mix stuff,lack of knowledge and i really dont like the mixing stage but i will force my self and see how it goes.

1 Like

Maybe make a stems pack and see if anyone wanna have a go at mixing it, I would certainly love a try at it…

2 Likes

Turha ja tuhlattu (made with Reaper)

That is what i will do eventually i think

That was boss :slight_smile: nice work man, nice wee catchy tune with a slightly sinister feel. Great vox and arrangement by the way :+1: really enjoyed listening to that.

1 Like

That’s what I think, too. So there’s no fresh appearance in the list of newest releases.

Maybe not yet, but it can become your thing if you deal with it. If you’re sticking to the very basics (mix in mono and highpass everything but kick and bass) it should be pretty “easy”. You know the mixing thread, don’t you? Or take a look at this (4:22):

This is not precise and very basic, but essentially the guy is right in what he’s doing. :wink:
Of course you can also let @Garf mix your song, he definitely can do it. All I’m saying is that you won’t learn anything if you don’t do it yourself. If it helps and you’re using Renoise again, you can send the main pattern of the song to me or to someone else so that the one can mix your song and send it back to you. This way you can have a look what’s going on and how it’s done, just like I mixed the main pattern of a song made by secondheat.

1 Like

Really enjoy listening to this man :+1: your production and mixing is top as always. It feels like there’s not too much happening in this tune at any one time but it still sounds full and each bit plays its part if that makes sense.

The percussion programming and the synth parts go together like strawberries and cream. Great stuff TNT, another impressive piece.

2 Likes

Yes, what you’re saying makes sense, ideed. Thanks, glad you like it! :slightly_smiling_face:
It’s always my goal to have a full sound, regardless of the amount of instruments. Balance is key (and parallel processing also helps to achieve that goal). But even if it seems that there’s not much happening at any time, there are always more instruments playing at the same time than most people would probably think, but it’s mostly “background stuff” (whether synths or percussions). For example this song right here has got 23 instrument tracks and 11 effect tracks. 13 tracks only for drums and percussions, which is quite normal when I produce Elektro.

djent, hardcore, a bit of breakcore and drum and bass

2 Likes