I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

started this one this morning

6 Likes

1 Like

I guess thatā€™s done now:

Now letā€™s move to the next project :smiley:

3 Likes

And it turned out great!!From start to finish there is always something happening and kept me engaged

1 Like

I think it improved, yes. Thank you :slight_smile: . Still not super happy with the mix. The stuff I make in Renoise sounds wider in general. I donā€™t know where this comes from. I assume itā€™s the multidelay in Renoise that I heavily use. Still looking for something similar in Linux. Thereā€™s this Seven Delay, I have to check this out (https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20517)

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:
If you like these, you may also like this. I thought I could make a thread just for Synthwave and another one just for Elektro. I mean, this is a musicianā€™s board, what else should I post here? :wink:

Hey, I see this thread wont die ! Nice shot @stoiximan :wink:

I made a instrumental funk/disco vintage trackā€¦ So here it is:

In fact I tried to sing something on itā€¦ It looks like I failed at convincing myself I could go public with that :smile:

Have a good day !

6 Likes

this is awesome tune bro. Well done! Can you share your way of creating this tune?

2 Likes

Awesome track!!i sure would like to hear the vocals to get an idea what you were going for

1 Like

I might be working on a vocal version that gets rid of parts of this long guitar solo :wink:
Thanks !

Technically I use only renoise and some instruments:

• my beloved fender jazz bass I bought quite recently
  • a japanese fender stratocaster that works pretty well (rythmic & solo)
  • my violin (recorded 9 times to give that string section effect)
  • lounge lizard (excellent rhodes simulation) ā†’ step programming in renois
  • true keys modern-U (excellent jazz piano simulation) ā†’ step programming
  • vacuum (a pretty good analog 2 osc simulation) ā†’ step programming
  • organics drum samples (have a pretty good analog drums samples) ā†’ step programming

I donā€™t use a lot of tools to process sound, but some are unavoidable:

• nycompressor from ddmf
  • eq5 from renoise
  • distortion from renoise (can give a little lovely crisp, especially on drums !)
  • guitar rig 5 pro (the complete toolbox to process guitars and bassā€¦ I donā€™t need anything else)
  • a little for mastering (but I find myself quite bad at mastering), I use some tools from the fabfilter suit (here saturn and their compressor), and the excellent maximiser !

I have bought 1 year ago 2 excellent monitors that help me a lot to fine tune sound, 2 yamaha hs7ā€¦ I waited so long before buying such good monitors, it was clearly a mistakeā€¦ If you use some creepy computer loud-speaker, spare your time and money, and go buy real monitors !

For the composition, I often find riffs or melodies on my guitars that go well together and try to dress them with drums/bass and some transitionsā€¦ When I have a solid ground I start to imagine a sequence for the tune, like a small journey that tries to tell something (I donā€™t know exactly what)ā€¦ I often look for the sound to be colored, clear and fun, danceyā€¦ Thatā€™s a good definition for funk, but apply also to reggae, punk, bossaā€¦ Iā€™m looking for composing some folk-rock these time, thatā€™s not that easy !

Hope this answers your question, I loved talking about that ! :wink:

5 Likes

Waiting for some tests I have in my test runner to finish.

Made this quick thing. Unsure if I should progress it further as it was made as a time killer. lol

Unbalanced/ unmastered, et al.

4 Likes

A quick chill-out hip-hop tune in Renoise.
Samples used from various sample packs.
Mixed and mastered using native plugins.

I made a screen capture from the session which is on YouTube:

The song itself can be heard on Soundcloud:

2 Likes

This is not very electronic sounding, but it is Renoise all the way. Starts slow and builds up, just so youā€™re warned.

This weekend I will try to be good and listen to what people post here and in the song forum. I have been bad at giving feedback the past few months.

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

my new album made with renoise and bitwig :wink:

1 Like

Some experiment I am working on, Zebra only (except drums), lazy mixing in Renoise :laughing:

3 Likes

oh man im loving zebra 2 and hive 2 such a shame they are expensive af :frowning:

uploaded the single releases of 2020 into a compilation and made another compilation for old Land of Bits and Type-A songs

both albums free of download <3

5 Likes