I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Corona is still fucking me up,iam still on short-time work and our Company wanted to sack 2300 People
beautiful new world,so I’m slowly getting mad at the politicians
Thats why I made an HardCore Track. I took some Samples from 3 of my favorite German Movies :slight_smile:
so my angriness turned into Happiness

DAW : Renoise 3.2.1

1 Like

I had too much work to do in the last weeks, so I was out of time and too tired for music, and of course my creativity lacked a lot. But now I could recover for a couple of days, so I reactivated making music and the result are these two tracks I made in the last 2 days.

Elektro:

Synthwave:

Of course the sound quality in Youtube is not that good, but you can listen to the tracks on Soundcloud, too.

4 Likes

Just finished this one:

The samples are from https://ttsmp3.com/, a down pitched female sample and from one of my favourite movies :smiley:

(Electro, Techno)

5 Likes

Good to have you back and very nice tracks

Iam always using Renoise with my Headphones and it sounds for me ok.
That seems to be the Problem :slight_smile: that the track sounds different without Headphones
So what do you say is the best way for Mastering?

using Vst Plugins in Renoise

My last tracker programs I used were noise trackers, protrackers and fast trackers. That was in the nineties with 8bit samples and without masters.
So the topic of mastering is still new territory for me.
I would put 4 plugins on the master track as I understood it:

1.) Multiband Compressor
2.) EQ Linear Phase
3.) Look ahead brick wall limiter
4.) Dither

or is it Better to Master the wav file with extern Programms like AAMS or RX-7or Ozone 8/9?

Greetings Mathias

So what do you say is the best way for Mastering?

If you ask me, you have to keep it simple. Do your mixing via studio headphones (they have to be good, like these), then switch to your normal Hifi speakers and adjust the sound. Switch back to your headphones and check again. Do it as often as you need it to do until the result is good. For the mastering you don’t have to use that much in my opinion. Use a compressor in every single track of your song, and in your master channel you only need two things: a) Maximizer (Limiter) and b) Mixer EQ, that’s it. The mixing is the most important thing here, if your mixing is good you won’t have to work out that much on your mastering, because it’s already good. In relation to your mixing you can also add an EQ in every single track for adjusting bass, treble and mids, but don’t overdo it, do it slightly. Usually it doesn’t need much of that. That’s how I would do it. But I’m not a pro, so maybe it can be done better. If you want to hear how it sounds if you do it my way, you can have a look at my newest tracks posted yesterday, which you can find above.

1 Like

Thanks. Maybe the low end is a bit to pronounced. Not sure … in the car it feels slightly too strong, but maybe that’s because of the sub.

Hey guys, first time poster. Been an Ableton user for 8 years. Begrudgingly downloaded the Renoise demo because Ableton isn’t supported on Linux… Slowly realised I had found my new favourite DAW! Bought the full license a few days ago. Feels good supporting such empowering software.
Here are my first two tracks…

Trap, future bass

Hip hop, sample-based, weird

(Yeah, I know, not much to show for almost a decade of experience)

5 Likes

If that is your first 2 songs with Renoise in such a short time i wonder what you could do next.Great work man really great

2 Likes

Thanks! I should clarify these are the first 2 songs I finished :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks for your help, I’ll give it a try, and I’ll post the track afterwards.
greetings mathias

One more…!

For some reason I’ve been much more productive after switching to Renoise. I guess I was stuck in a rut after using the same DAW for so long.

3 Likes

Released yesterday! Available in high/normal quality here (all platforms): https://geni.us/tourdetraumxix

8 Likes

@Denim Great track, well produced. i like the sound design in particular, congrats !

1 Like

Thanks a lot @keith303 , appreciate that! :pray:

had some fun with some plugin demos :dango:
Why does everything have to be so expensive :frowning:

2 Likes

Great track man

1 Like

Dear Lord this is amazing!!!Bravo my friend

1 Like
2 Likes

Wow thanks @stoiximan, glad you liked it!

1 Like