I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

I thinks i told you before that it sounds fake.You have all those “real” sounds in the track but the snare sounds to me like a toy or maybe its a mixing thing.Listen to the track by ffx above i think that kind of snare is good for your track too

1 Like

It’ s a completely different snare now. I think it’s a speaker problem. Will check on headphones again.

1 Like

@lilith @TNT Thanks for feedback. the guitar actually is Slayer2 :smashed: , played with two tracks/instances panned hard left/right, then waves guitar thing, some modulation. But I wouldn’t recommend it, it sounds too statical sometimes.

If it wasn’t for the beat it could have been the soundtrack to a 1970s sci-fi film. Love that sound. Well done!

A bit late perhaps…but as you asked for feedback:

I feel there is little to no connection between the beats and the creepy atmosphere layer. Up to 1m40s I feel there is some connection between the sounds. They interact with each other nicely. Intensifying the listening experience. But when the heavy beats come in at 1m50s that gets lost for me. For me they become two separate things. Independent of each other. And I don’t think the drums aren’t interesting enough to be their own separate thing.

If you could find a way to make drums more interesting, more expressive. and tie in a bit better with the main creepy layer you’ve got yourself a winner for sure, at least in my book. Easier said than done, I know. But worth the effort. Anyway, those are my thoughts. Hope they are of any use to you.

Thanks, after going back to listen I now see what you mean with the disconnect of the buildup, to the 1:40 minute mark and then 1:50. It feels like to me, after re-evaluating, that the actual payoff of the buildup doesn’t compliment the buildup it took to get to that point and the song kind of just awkwardly restarts.

Once again thanks for the feedback, I’ll go back to the drawing board and see what i can do to make the buildup make more sense composition wise. You have a nice evening/morning/

1 Like

Oh! More by you Manny. Didn’t know that when I listened to this Charge Break track and thought to myself “this has potential”. You’ve got a knack for tension. Keep that up!!

Being at it for half a year is nothing. There is so much to learn when it comes to making music. Production, composition, sound design, etc. It will take you many years to learn it all. And early stuff will make you cringe indeed. But! That means you’re growing.

Your sounds are telling a story already. It is tense and dark but you have something to say with your music. And that is mighty important!

The more you do it, the better you get at telling your story through sound and music. And you’ll be able to tell different stories. So stick with it.

If you haven’t done so already: Check out this thread & video by @celsius. He has some valuable insights from a long career of making music.

Lovely stuff! I dig the violence that occurs track #4 Varuna and the Flood. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Ooh! Nice! You have a good vibe going there.

If you’re open to a little bit of feedback, read on. If not, just ignore the rest:

It has this great retro poppy flavor. And it has a decent amount of development. But in my opinion it is also missing something. Ideally vocals. Or a longer melody line that flows over it. Something that narrates the story of the track. You’ve got a really great excellent backbone. And it works on it’s own, sure. But I think it could be more expressive, have more depth with another layer on top of it. Anyway, those are my thoughts. Hope you don’t mind me saying.

1 Like

Here is a Track from the new album.

The Great Nothing

The-Great-Nothing

Listen

Best to hear in starry night…

7 Likes

Oh man oh man!!!Where are the other tracks from you new album? This is spectacular work!!!I haven’t been this excited by a track for a long time now.Respect to you my friend

This is exceptionally good! Is this done in Renoise? What synths are you using?

1 Like

Yeah, this is really good! Reminds me of the OST from Mass Effect. I love space sound!

My latest work:

2 Likes

tnt

1 Like

:smile:
But as so often I heard something disturbing me after I already uploaded the track. So I needed to delete, redo and reupload it. New version above. I just dulled one of the higher synths.

1 Like

Man your tracks are solid if you dress them up with a vocalist and some good lyrics then the sky is the limit.

Thank you, it’s encouraging to hear that - I tend to think my production is rubbish!

1 Like

Me too for my music but i think we must let others to judge that

@stoiximan @fladd Thank you guys!

Yes, this is made in Renoise. This is the only DAW I use.
My favourite synths are currently Serum and Massive X.
Also I use Thorn, Kontour & Razor (Reactor Synths)
In that particular track I have also used some sounds of the Universe and Solar Planets from NASA.
More tracks are coming, I’m currently mastering and making transitions in–between

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Here is a couple of more tracks, on the pre–production stage.

This is philosophical, deep track, where I’m looking back to my family history and mapping it, on psychological level

The Roots

The-Roots

Listen

2 Likes

This one hasn’t finished yet, but the structure is there…More or Less

Deforming

Deforming

Listen

1 Like