The Celsius CookBook 002 is out on PRSPCT with Renoise

Hi guys,

So my CookBook 002 is out on PRSPCT Records and as usual it relies heavily on Renoise. It summarises 20 years of music production, anchored in the early tracker scene on Amiga, FT2 and of course - Renoise. In fact there’s some really rare glimpses into Renoise builds that existed 18 years ago some of you might enjoy :slight_smile:

Check it out and if you like it, share more some love and support and I’ll make more ! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Neil

18 Likes

Love this series man I hope you continue making then

1 Like

Thanks man!
Right now its just the beginning so nothing is for sure on the long run but sharing, commenting on the video (especially from this community) means a tremendous amount!

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that your video edits are amazing,You should do a video about that too.

1 Like

I really enjoyed watching it !
Thanks !

1 Like

This was great, very entertaining!

1 Like

it’s a lot of fun, subscribed and recommended to friends, very cool!

[image]

2 Likes

Thanks for the support! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, spent quite a while on that one compared to the previous ones. Its probably different crowds who are interested by video editing tutorials but thanks for the input, good to know!

1 Like

20 years!? You look in your 20s. Awesome video and tips :wink:

1 Like

this is great man. Thank you. I found myself being the gearslut… it hurts but you explained so well that I won’t have more issues on this topic :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Caught my ear, what is the snippet at around 21:18 (mod.classic - Copy.mod)?

oh thats this amazing track I made when I was 13
I have a whole series of them, really pushing the boundaries of cringiness

2 Likes

I see (thanks for the download link.) The reason I ask is because I was curious how you were going to ‘advance’ the main trumpet1 melody (Track 2). When we get to sequence pos 5 (pat 3) you decided not to :slight_smile:

Although they may be cringey, they can be interesting :slight_smile:

Great points! Being at it for 18+ years myself, the things you say ring true with me.

I have so many unfinished projects. 85% done but never got finished. Cause I didn’t know how to make them “perfect”.

I used spent months on a single track. Changing it, editing it. Striving for “perfection”. It never happened. Certainly never lived up to the time invested. But they weigh on me. Crushing me.

Only relatively recently I decided to actually finish (new) works. And spend no more than 10days on a track. Even if they aren’t “perfect”. One of the best decisions that I ever made.

Finishing tracks makes a huge difference. It may not be the best track ever. At least it is something now. Opposed to a file gathering virtual dust looking accusingly at me for never bringing it to completion. It’s rewarding and it builds momentum. And I am much more happy working on music because of it.

2 Likes

Amen, brother

2 Likes

when can we expect new video? :stuck_out_tongue:

yo this videos are really good …super nice job <3

1 Like

Neil, i have been listening to all your Amiga MODs back in the days :slight_smile:
Great to see guys from that time still being creative !

1 Like

Gotta say, i agree on every point made.

2 Likes