I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Thanks man :+1: cheers for listening and giving a bit of feedback :+1: will deffo try something on the vox as you suggested, maybe a blend of delay and verb or something.

1 Like

New Remastered and remix version of my songs with last Renoise.

2 Likes

This one smells fishy:

2 Likes

Nice!!When i go to the sea i like to dive very close to the rocks where all the fish hang out but i ve always feared that an eel would pop up and bite me in the @@@@.I ve heared that Eels can smell where the human genitals are and bite you there.Dont know if it is true though

3 Likes

Haha, never heard such a thing, but i have only experience with the european fresh water eel. I like looking at them at night with a flashlight. :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve heard from people fishing at sea that hate to hook sea eels as they are super strong and difficult to handle.

1 Like

I know them pretty good as we have a lake here in Ioannina where i live.

1 Like

Riekaleinaā€¦

1 Like
4 Likes

havenā€™t had time recently to make anything - finally got some time so i made quick loop

4 Likes

Iā€™ve totally lost perspective on my mix. Can you lend me your ears and tell me what & how it needs to improve?

No flashing lights or anything. Just some colors wobbling along in time with the tune:

Note: itā€™s a quiet ā€œmasterā€ but thatā€™s because Iā€™m trying to get a handle on YouTubeā€™s DRC.

5 Likes

This track is brilliant, totally digging it.The mix sounds great in my headphones. Now i cant test it on my speakers right now but i will get back to you when i can.

1 Like

Great tune @eretsua , I really dig the vibe. Very smooth, mellow, calming and flows like a river. :+1:
Very good composition and arrangement.

Hard to say, depends on the direction youā€™re looking for. Is this supposed to be a banger or a ā€œchillerā€?
The kick has a lot of bass but no punch. Great for a ā€œchillerā€ tune, not that good for a banger.
I think you should increase the loudness of the acid bass/synth bass and some of the pads/strings, especially those background pads (the ā€œchoirā€ at 0:32 for instance). And I would decrease the loudness of all effects (0:30 etc.) and primarely all percussions, especially those starting at 2:49 which are way too loud compared to the rest. Last but not least I would dull all the vocals. If youā€™re not sure where to go with your mix recheck in mono. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thannk you @stoiximan and @TNT ! It makes me happy to hear both of you dig it.

:peacock:

Thatā€™s a good question! And one I need to find an answer to indeed. Probably more a chiller than a banger.

Youā€™re right about that. The kick is (probably too) flabby, yes. I felt that way already but I was too attached to the sound of it to fully admit that yet. Iā€™m gonna try tighten it up a bit.

Yeah, thatā€™s the thing I kept turning up and then down again. And then down even further by the end of the session.

You could be right about that. :laughing:

Do you mean the choir samples or the woman saying she wants to be a painter? Or both? And what is it that you hear that makes you want to be duller? As in, I donā€™t hear anything particular wrong about their sound so Iā€™m curious.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

old stuff that i never finished:
i delay uploading to youtube (i hope to finish it someday lol)
https://www.instagram.com/tv/ChZVrUVl9un/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2 Likes

I was talking about the vocals, the woman whoā€™s speaking. The sentences have different loudness levels. The sentences starting at 3:11, 3:41 and 3:48 are louder than the rest of the talking, especially the vocals such like A. This needs to be dulled.

And while youā€™re at it, you could also tame the highs of the hat a little, I would cut the higher frequencies at 10000 Hz. The hat is pretty dominant right now, especially through speakers. :wink:

1 Like

Nice one mate :+1: enjoyed listening to this tune and I actually really like this mix - itā€™s neither overbearing nor too flat or anything, just kinda gentle and plods along well.

1 Like

Thatā€™s brilliant man nice one :+1: lovely stereo mix that, really enjoyed listening to thst piece.

1 Like

hey, thanks much! glad you enjoyed it. looking to make some more generative ambient and healing music with renoise. Generative music is really fun

Hereā€™s another (new) generative tune, featuring a version of the tweaky drum instrument:

I like how quickly one can make music using generative techniques. this took maybe two hours? while thereā€™s plenty of room for improvement, I like how relatively complete musical ideas can take form so easily with generative techniques

rough sketch:

update:

another update:

2 Likes

If you like headaches you for sure will love this:

3 Likes