I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

I definitely did not get one listening to this track.Very smooth sounding at least on my headphones.Cant test on my speakers though something is happening with the volume knob and the panning is messed up

2 Likes

Been putting up a bunch of screen recordings of tracks in Renoise on my youtube page recently;

3 Likes

It was only a silly pun on the song titleā€¦though, if you play it loud in my livingroom iā€™m pretty sure it could trigger a migraine (because of the extremely awful acoustics in the room) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

some lovely breaks in here :+1:

dig the chilled/liquid vibez

1 Like

I did some more work on the metal track i released earlier, hopefully a bit better mix this time? What do you think? Iā€™m stuck with mixing on my headphones as my monitors are fucked (yes, one of the monitors is actually broken and that is on top of the awful acoustics).

This is the first version:

1 Like

New mix way worse than the first one.Those 2 electric guitars are clashing each other and with the drums.The hats i think are doing a lot of damage also. Maybe sidechain the guitars with the kick?I would remove any effect plugin and start over.Isolate the guitars and try to balance them first do some eq then when you are ready bring the drums in.Forget about compression do that only when you have balanced the guitars with the drums.Guitars may not need compression at all if you recorde them properly.But if you must use compression check produse like a pro channel he is the master.

1 Like

2 Likes

Hmmmā€¦i thought it was a bit better balanced, but i guess not. I think the guitars sound a bit muddy because i introduced some reverb. I havenā€™t really used any compression at all, but i have used some saturators and eq. Not sure what i do wrong, but i think itā€™s a combination of recordings not being optimal and attempts to cover it up in the mix. :stuck_out_tongue:
I havenā€™t found a good reference track yet, but i guess that could help me achieve a better result. Do you have a suggestion for me? I just struggle finding something to settle forā€¦
Think iā€™ll just have to start over from scratch and rerecord everything. Try to figure out which guitar sounds i should go for first, before recording something and trying to match it up later. I have done some work on my guitar, added dampeners on the head and inside the tremolo springs and also added more and stiffer springs, so now it sounds and plays very good. I think one of my problems is that i have a guitar processor with 200 presets + 200 user presets and i like almost every preset to some extent, but i find it hard to imagine how they sound together, so i think i might be settling for the wrong sounds?
My initial plan was to add vocals too, but that was very difficult to fit into the mix.
I think i will try to clean up everything and use some side chain compression on the guitars. Not exactly sure how i can make the drums sound great, maybe i should buy some better drum samples?
Thanks for your honest feedback!

1 Like

I really am not an expert when it comes to recording external gear as i do everything in the box except vocals of course.Check the youtube channel i mentioned above and you will become a master, the guy has everything covered and he is a real professional not some youtube kid going for views.Record everything again and put no effects,the reverb you have can make a lot of mess it probable needs to be sidechained as the guitars.Yes try different guitar sounds so they dont occupy the same frequencies but that is very hard some frequencies will be the same and you will need to sidechained them.I know i said sidechained to many times but this important on tracks that have so many same elements .Last i think it would be a good idea to ask someone else to give it a go ,why not ask here in the forum i bet someone will help you.Give the stems and credit him after when the track is finished.Mixing is not for everybody i know its not for me either :smiley:

1 Like

tribal psytrap @ 94 bpm
all renoise sound design/synthesis plus one voice from loom 2
hope you enjoy :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

2 Likes

Tracklist for an Ambient/Dark-Ambient-ish experimental album Iā€™m putting together. Lot of the groundwork for the bulk of the tracks is done in Renoise (sound-design, arrangement, etc.) then pulled into Reaper for further processing, mixing, and mastering. Several tracks made mostly with Giorgio Sancristoforo software [https://www.giorgiosancristoforo.net/] recorded in-app or straight into Reaper. Love his stuff. Also a lot of Puremagnetik devices. At least one track is made almost entirely inside Small Winters.

1 Like

Nice work man.Puremagnetik makes good vsts tailored for music like this,also that Giorgio Sancristoforo software looks nice i ll give it a go

1 Like

Been a while.

3 Likes

Nice, very calming and flowing smoothly.Lovely choice of sounds

Kind of a Remix, but far from the original :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I highly recommend all of his software. In a similar vain to Audiobulbā€™s stuff, its all MAX patches compiled for standalone use. Bento and Ongaku are delightful little boxes filled with incredible sounds (also by far the most polished imo). Berna is just a ton of fun. Gleetchlab truly is the DAW for Glitch music.

I ended up buying everything that is available for Windows, as for awhile many of them were Mac only. Only one or two of them are unavailable on PC, the others he has ported.

Definitely a lot of fun and endless potential for sound design that you can pull into Renoise or your DAW of choice and chop up or mangle however you like.

1 Like

How is this mix to your ears?

5 Likes

First word that came to mind for me was ā€œclean.ā€

Sort of ā€œneutral.ā€ I can hear everything clearly and can fairly easily focus on individual parts and hear them on their own, yet everything sounds cohesive as a whole at the same time.

Very nice soundstage in my opinion. Sounds very ā€œfull.ā€ Nothing is panned too far in any direction and it feels immersive to me.

I like this mix.

1 Like

So as a Notruf fan Hanz Meyzer is your second SC account and the place where you publish most of your stuff when itā€™s finished. Why do you need two accounts? Btw, weeks ago Iā€™ve coincidentally listened to this remix on remix.kwed and I was thinking ā€œIt sounds like the Speedball remix FFX posted a while ago in the Renoise forumā€. Cool that youā€™re part of the Commodore remix scene, too. You need to make some more. :wink:

No complaints except the drums could be a tad punchier, especially if youā€™re listening through speakers.
Apart from that I agree with @rainydayshirts. Well done.

1 Like