I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Listened with headphones now. I think the snare sounds good. Maybe a bit louder and more decay and more grittines . Anyway… The track is great! What VSTs did you use?

I had this in my mind.

1 Like

Nice!!!I think this could have been a good alternative theme song for the knight rider series,the original.

1 Like

Knight rider is my part :rofl:

1 Like

Ok, something shorter and punchier. It’s noise as well, but in a different tone. Maybe I can decrese the reverb by 5%. Fun fact, I decreased the snare’s volume while the third mixing session by 1.2 dB.

Thanks! If you’re talking about VST instruments I always use mainly Serum, Sylenth1 and Omnisphere. In this track Serum and Sylenth1 for the basses and synths, Omnisphere for the pads and S3 for some more pads and additional stuff. And I used some VSTs like Valhalla VintageVerb, Weiss MM1, GClip and LoudMax.

I try to picture this. :joy:

2 Likes

Here I am, recording base guitar, solo guitar and bass onto a cassette tape, which has a drums backing track I made in Renoise on its 4th channel. That’s true analog/vintage meets modern (or the other way around) :stuck_out_tongue: love this workflow, super fun

4 Likes

Done in Renoise. Most of the sounds were done with Surge VST and native effects.
The granular sounding pads/effects were created by feeding different percussions through Valhalla Supermassive VST (great sound design tool btw).
I leave it up to you to label the style :slight_smile:
Also i used more modulation this time.

Have a good one!

5 Likes

It seemed so dead in the other music posting thread, so i repost it here with a soundloud as well.
Not sure why it sounds so much better the original 88200KHz wav file compared to the ones i uploaded for some reason, never noticed it was as bad as this before. Maybe because of some LUFS problems perhaps?

And here is the video i posted in the other thread(deleted post). I think i will try to make a new version with a lot more images and not gradually slow down towards the end, rather the opposite. I also need to do something about the artifacts or make it go so fast that they aren’t noticeable…

2 Likes

Nothing can beat the cassette tape warmth.Great playing by the way

1 Like

Great mix man and great track also!!

1 Like

The youtube version sounds a lot better to me than the soundcloud one.I guess the different compression algorithms of each platform make a huge difference.Fabulous track!!

1 Like

How does this mix sound to your ears?

3 Likes

Sounds good to me, except the vocal FX processing is smearing how some of the vocals come across to me. If they’re already on a send channel, just stick a gainer at the end and then a signal follower on the dry vocal and duck the wet FX chain to help how clear the vox are. If not, then move the FX to an send. Other than that it sounds well produced.

1 Like

Thanks! I am a bit more satisfied than usual with the mix.
Due to resonances in my room (hollow walls), it’s difficult to pinpoint problematic areas.
I only notice them afterwards when listening in the car for example.
But one gets used to the equipment at hand over time.

1 Like

Yes the youtube one sounds a bit more like the original, but still lacks some detail. The soundcloud was mastered by their internal mastering thingy, but i added very little colour to it, so it should mostly adjust the levels. Compared with the original i found the master to have a much lower volume, so i assume i will get a better result if i leave some headroom which i forgot.
I’m pretty new to rendering in 88,2K as i usually just use 44,1K as zynaddsubfx does something odd to the tuning in 48K and 96K. I think 88,2K sounds a lot better than 44,1K, but not sure how well it works for internetz?

1 Like

Sounded good on headphones. Do you think there’s a problem?

1 Like

Wow this thread has 3306 posts hehe. Yes I agree with BriocheBaps, the reverbs are ugly, composition isn’t that good either. The vocal was a fun recording from a irc friend, including reverb… Should transfer the settings to bitwig and try again. In Renoise I tend to be super lazy with mixing, using synth’s builtin reverbs and so on hehe

1 Like

I just wished Renoise wouldn’t fart everytime I load more than one instance of an Arturia plugin

4 Likes

Perhe… Kirosanoista kaunein… Done with Reaper.

1 Like

Here are a some recent ones…

Sequenced with NerdSEQ:

Noodling directly into Ableton:

…and finally a mini-track made quickly one evening as a joke for a colleague, retro-style jungle, in Ableton:

1 Like

uploaded to spotify a even better version of my song, mixed that version with DT 990’s instead of my gaming headphones and fixed most of my issues with the mix i had lol

1 Like